lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
SHAKEANDSHOOT
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Club car ds, won't start for me

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a 2001 CC ds with a Kawasaki f290. Last year the cart would run and then die sometimes at wot. It would crank back up and do it again later. This didn't start until wife ran out of gas. Figured it must be carb. So a month ago, I replaced carb. It ran right after I put it on then stopped. So I then ordered and replaced spark plug and fuel pump, cleaned all fuel pump lines. It wouldn't get a strong spark so I unhooked the ground strap and got spark. Now I cant get it to fire or if it does, it runs for a few seconds and that's it. I have tried adjusting the carb but nothing seems to help. I put the old carb on and nothing. If I spray ether in spark plug hole, it wont fire right up either. The cart has always ran great before this. Any help is appreciated. BTW when I get the carb semi adjusted and it tries to fire, it has a thumping sound to it like when the timing is off on a car engine.
SHAKEANDSHOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club car ds, won't start for me

Check for trash in the fuel pick up straw in the tank. Unscrew the pickup tube from the tank, separate the straw from the bottom of the valve and blow through both of them to make sure they're clean. Put it back together. Take the fuel line off of the carburetor and hold it in your hand. Turn the engine over by depressing the pedal. Look and see if the fuel pump is pumping fuel out of the fuel hose. If it is, put it back on the carburetor. Confirm that the spark plug is firing strong. Harbor freight has a wonderful little spark tester for about 5 bucks that I absolutely love. You may want to invest in one of those. If you still haven't figured out the issue let me know. We'll dig a little deeper.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #3
jbodden
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 Club car ds, won't start for me

I have a similar issue. Purchased a 2001 6 months ago that ran great for 3 months, with no issues. Then it began having an intermittent starting issue. When it did start, it ran amazingly well. Then, after running strong for about 15 minutes, it would simply shut down. It eventually would get harder to even start. We blasted the carb with ether, it immediately cranked and ran, but then that stopped working. Removed and cleaned the carb, it ran once. Replaced the carb, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plug and still nothing. Checked the spark with a tester and it shows great spark. BTW, not sure if this is related, but now when I turn the key on, the starter engages without depressing the accelerator, however when the spark plug tester was connected, it showed "red", until the gas pedal was depressed, then it flashed green. Please help! Thanks
jbodden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carburator, fuel pump, gas, no start, spark plug
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car