lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
wado66
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Carburetor on Amazon

Saw this on Amazon and was curious if anyone else had purchased from them before?
This seems scary cheap.
Would you take a chance on it?
I would not waste my time rebuilding one if this carb works.
wado66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Carburetor on Amazon

Haven't but looks good!!! Got decent reviews on amazon although only 4..I mean a rebuild kit would be every bit of that. And with prime you get it in 3 days...
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

57 cents shy of free shipping. I guess you could try one and see. For what it cost your not out much if it dont work out. Good luck
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #4
wado66
Not Yet Wild

Well, I'm gonna give it a try.
Bought the carb, gasket, and fuel pump.
I'll let you know how they work.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #5
Bubba75
My wife says I'm crazy...

Yamaha

I purchased the exact one few weeks ago. I think I added some sharpies to get the free shipping. Installed on my g16 and works like a charm. Didn't have to make any throttle adjustments or anything. Make sure you replace both gaskets. The ones on Amazon wanted something like $5 each plus some ungodly shipping amount, I got mine from a local dealer for the Yamaha recommended 1.60 each. Also inspect the spacer for cracks and replace as needed.

Time will tell, but it seems to be worth every penny.
Bubba75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:50 PM   #6
wado66
Not Yet Wild

Ok, Here is the latest.
What I have done to my G16 to get it ready for the season is, replace all fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pump, carburetor, air filter and mesh screen, spark plug, engine oil, and new 100% fuel.
Tried to start my golf cart and it ran rough. Wouldn't run well. A lot of missing and sputtering up a hill especially.
I thought it may be the new carburetor I bought so I put the old one back on. Still ran rough. I smelled a lot of raw fuel.
I removed the new carburetor and put on the old one. Still ran rough.
I removed the air filter and mesh screen, and it ran great.
So I put the air filter back on without the mesh screen shown below and it ran great.
So now I have a good running golf cart with a brand new "spare" carburetor.
My question is, has anyone else experienced this issue of their cart starving for air with a new air filter and mesh screen?
I am thinking this OEM air filter screen is too dense. It is not a Yamaha brand filter and screen.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
Pezz
Not Yet Wild

I installed one of these on my G14 last weekend, works fantastic. I had to adjust the throttle linkage a little bit but easy to do and so far is working great.
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:06 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I can see by the pics yall love china parts, good luck... I avoid the "mik-oh-ono" carbs (50/50 chance). The "precleaner" just falls in the hole too. When a toasted motor under 4-yr warranty comes in with that crap, the customer gets soo mad when i tell them the "not warranty" news. Please skip that garbage. No carb is $35, no "tune up kit" is $15. Sorry, buy real parts. Garbage is garbage, i can spot trash instantly. The real "tune up kit", with a air filter, precleaner, spark plug, fuel filter, and a qt of oil from yami is only about $44. Skip the garbage.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:24 AM   #9
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I guess the worst that could happen is the float get stuck and fill your engine with gas and wash all the oil off your cylinder walls and toast the engine. That would be my luck. Keep us posted .
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:28 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Try this! The real parts. Some chiner stuff sucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_35.JPG.cf.jpg (18.5 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha