lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #11
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Default Re: Brand New Gas Concierge ---Slow 7 mph

Not sure where exactly you are talking about adjusting.

I attached a few pictures.

1) right near the governor

2)going to transmission? a small thread only bolt with the yellow mark thru it. one pic is the gas pedal at rest and the other it is floored...doesn't reach the metal stopper thing. only goes about half the distance

Plus I think I need to adjust the cable directly at the pedal...looks like it could be a little tighter? and the pedal actually hits the floor board and left an indention. is it supposed to actually hit the floor?haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamahathrottle1.jpg (93.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yamahapedalatrest.jpg (115.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yamahapedalfloored.jpg (107.1 KB, 0 views)
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You are not getting full throttle (not even close). You need to adjust at the one on the 1st picture (light green circle). Adjust a little, check for full throttle, adjust, check, you need to be sure that your final setting does not cause the throttle to begin to open before the throttle switch allows the motor to start cranking (or you will have little control of low speed operation). When you get this set right, you will be surprised how much power you have been missing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #13
frankthetank
Gone Wild

So when tightening the nut (is this the same as ziptying governor arm?)on the first picture...will this actually allow for the swing arm in the 3rd (floored) picture to swing closer to the metal "stop bar"?

Not really sure what that (stop bar) part is called.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You are adjusting the cable the tire pressure gauge is pointed at. It does not have the same effect as the governor arm adjustment.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #15
dbmachine
Gone Wild

No the nut or ziptie squeezing the governor arm has nothing to do with how far the throttle body opens for the efi system or carb. You need to adjust the 10mm nut where the cable connects to the gas pedal.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #16
dbmachine
Gone Wild

To give you a better idea and visual of how to adjust the throttle cable try this . Before adjusting any nut put the cart in nuetral and slowly press the pedal and take a snap shot in your head how far you pressed the pedal where the transition is when the engine fires up and runs. Not talking about when you barely press the pedal and the starter starts spinning. Adjust the nut so that when you press the pedal that it doesn't have to go as far before the engine fires. But don't adjust it too much like cgtech said or it's gonna fire and run too early.

Yeah you can also adjust the nut that's in your first picture. Most adjust at the foot pedal since it's so much easier to access.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:09 PM   #17
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Ok, starting to make a little more sense now.

So what is the swing arm in the 2nd/3rd pictures??

Also, I have only driven it once since we got it. Disassembled, in for paint, got the lift kit done, torque springs installed and the heavy rear springs installed too.

How do I put it in maintenance mode?

My club car I just slid it to neutral and then I would put a piece of cardboard between the metal contacts behind the F/R handle.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #18
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Not really a maintenance mode. Put it in reverse when you here the reverse buzzer pull it back torward forward just until the buzzer goes off. That's considered neutral so you can run the engine without moving. I have a carb model but the butterfly acts the same way as your 1st and 2nd pics.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #19
dbmachine
Gone Wild

You wanna adjust the throttle cable in picture 1 so that the swingarm touches the stopper on picture 3. Adjust so that the swingarm touches the stopper just as the pedal completely touches the firewall. If you ziptie it and adjust the cable right it will feelike a whole new machine
Old 08-14-2015, 05:44 AM   #20
frankthetank
Gone Wild

I cant even find the part in the model diagram for picture 2 & 3....what is it called?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha