lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #11
mccarsones
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 08 pds fly up hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
That is a bit on the slow side.

XCT with Stock PDS motor at 36V on stock (18") tires is about 24 MPH, same setup with 22" ought to be about 29 MPH.

Also, with 22" tires, you've lost about 18% of the torque the motor is putting out when rubber meets road.
Installing digital volt meter and going to check batteries, lol just remembered I need to run with laptop and watch voltage and current.
mccarsones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarsones View Post
Installing digital volt meter and going to check batteries, lol just remembered I need to run with laptop and watch voltage and current.
Record the data in a csv file and review it in a spread sheet. The logged data from an XCT lists motor RPM as well as other useful information.

At 24 MPH with 22" tires, the motor is only turning about 4500 RPM and max RPM at 36V is about 5600, so something is holding it back.

Low pressure tires will do it, so will dragging brake shoes or bad bearings or bad high current cables.

Is Turbo turn on?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #13
dirtydonkeys11
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Get 17% additional speed and power can be had by adding the 7th 6v battery under the driver's seat and get a 42v charger here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-chargers.html

Use the 500a XCT for any aftermarket motor
or use the 400XCT and add the fan kit for aftermarket motors.
how quick can I get the xct500pds / solenoid / and cables if I order today?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
dirtydonkeys11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #14
mccarsones
Not Yet Wild

Turbo is on I believe.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #15
mccarsones
Not Yet Wild

Battery voltage drops to 33 volts under load. 6.16 average at each battery. Within .02 volts
Old 01-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #16
mccarsones
Not Yet Wild

Ordered mine on Monday and received on Wednesday to central Florida. But don't Quote me.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #17
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My .02 cents. My upgrades are seen in sig. Cart is used for hunting in hills. Lots of hills. The controller and cables made a huge difference. Bone stock electrical system I could go 19 mph on flat pavement. I Used to hit 24 mph with stock motor and new controller. Now at 17 mph with the torque motor. This is measured with I phone app. Everything was purchased from Scotty b. Honestly not impressed with the torque motor. I had too high of hopes I guess. It seems all torque is at low speed. I can spin the tires in mud or when strapped in trailer which I couldn't do before. but it still slows pretty good when I hit the hills. I am looking into torque gears and can't wait til batteries go out to do 48v conversion. Torque motor reduced run time/distance.
BIGBONVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Same motor is going 24 mph in my cart with one extra battery (42v) on 20" tires.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #19
dirtydonkeys11
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Same motor is going 24 mph in my cart with one extra battery (42v) on 20" tires.
did you have to lift the cart with the 20" tires

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
dirtydonkeys11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:24 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBONVI View Post
My .02 cents. My upgrades are seen in sig. Cart is used for hunting in hills. Lots of hills. The controller and cables made a huge difference. Bone stock electrical system I could go 19 mph on flat pavement. I Used to hit 24 mph with stock motor and new controller. Now at 17 mph with the torque motor. This is measured with I phone app. Everything was purchased from Scotty b. Honestly not impressed with the torque motor. I had too high of hopes I guess. It seems all torque is at low speed. I can spin the tires in mud or when strapped in trailer which I couldn't do before. but it still slows pretty good when I hit the hills. I am looking into torque gears and can't wait til batteries go out to do 48v conversion. Torque motor reduced run time/distance.
What field map are you running in the DCX?

Field maps have to match, or at least be compatible with, the make/model of the motor.

Also, what is the max inflation pressure stamped on the sidewalls of you mud tires?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO