lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
ToolExpressDude
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 now wont accelerate post crankseal repair

OK thank all of you who have helped guide me thru the change of crankseals on my G1 Yamaha gas cart. Now a new issue. After I was able to place new crankseal on the clutch side, when I try to accelerate from stop it jumps out fine for the first few seconds (like for 5-10 seconds) then bogs down and will only creep along. Then after sitting for a day it will repeat the same thing. Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? I put a new air filter and foam sleeve on and tried to be sure it is snug fit back on. Choking doesn't help or have any effect. Thanks again for your help! Coop
ToolExpressDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 now wont accelerate post crankseal repair

did you end up getting the fly wheel off to change that seal too?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
ToolExpressDude
Not Yet Wild

No I decided to just re-assemble it after the clutch side was done and see how it ran. To get the flywheel side off Ill have to pull the engine and maybe take it to a machine shop to get them to tap a new thread hole for me. I bought a tap and die set but couldn't get it to work without restripping the hole again. It is running very differently than before I did the crankcase seal job. Before it would only run wide open....now it only runs low speed and creeps along.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:19 AM   #4
ToolExpressDude
Not Yet Wild

OK figured it out. A cable had come out of its vertical slot and was not allowing the throttle to function fully. So now the motor is running great. Thanks all!
Old 05-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #5
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for letting us know what you found out and enjoy that cart.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha