lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
Markus T
Not Yet Wild

Default Piston and rings

I have a 1990 G8 that I have named, 'little smokie'. It runs great but burns oil. I bought a piston and ring kit. I was wondering if you have to pull the entire engine to replace the piston or can you just pull the push rods, and head and get access to the piston from there?
Markus T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2016, 03:55 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Piston and rings

it all comes out the side cover where the drive clutch is. it does not allow the jug to be removed from the top like a 2-cycle. while i suppose it would be possible to remove the side cover with the motor in the cart, i dont know anyone who would want to try that nightmare of getting everything back together perfect from the side & half-blind. just pull the motor, its not too much work.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:32 AM   #3
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well he did start off backwards by buying a piston and rings before pulling it apart to see what was needed so why not continue to do it the hard way ?
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
Markus T
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input, I will get to pulling the engine. I appreciate your time and insight.
Markus T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If you can, gentle pry the saide case off leaving the cam and balancer in the block. Rotate the carnk to TDC and take note of the alighnment markings of the cam and balancer. If you don't see one on the ballance and crank, make your own mark for assembly.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha