lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2016, 06:58 AM   #11
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Plow plow plow

after a 20 year sentence of owning my own company with 8 trucks plowing snow commercially I had to throw in the towel. I have not had a plow on my truck for 3 years now and I love it. I get to sleep when I need to sleep and don't have the habitual customer calling because they think you didn't do a good enough job. I am hoping that my little ole drive way can be cleared with my new setup. I have don plowmans clutch mods and a 6 inch lift on the ole g29. hopes with a little weight in the back it will do the trick. I will have more pics tonight sometime.
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Hey go for it, I'm fully supportive of any excuse to run the GC!

I have the truck anyway, and I have a 10hp blower I use sometimes. But when I come home at night and its dark and cold, the inside of the warm truck is much nicer, truck has big lights on it compared to one on the blower, I don't have to suite up for the truck, I can make big piles with the truck (that sometimes are a problem lol), and I can plow a much larger area in say 15 min with the truck since I have a building in back I need to get to. It takes forever to blow back to it. But sometimes I only need to do the drive and the blower cleans it off nice. I don't plow for others anymore, only family at times and only when I have time to do it.

Let us know how it works out, some others here have done it. They work nice for some uses. My drive has some tight spots and I have to push or blow all the snow to certain areas so it would be a pain to use something that can't do that. One guy here (posted at BGW) had an open drive he just went rolling down it and plowed really nice. On top of that here we can get dumped on, its pretty common for me to have a pile by the house that is high as the roof at times.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Man, thats just too much snow to deal with. granted, i was born to, and live in the desert. i like the option to drive up to the top of the mountain to "visit" the snow during the couple of months that it has snow (it has skiing, Very briefly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Hey go for it, I'm fully supportive of any excuse to run the GC!

I have the truck anyway, and I have a 10hp blower I use sometimes. But when I come home at night and its dark and cold, the inside of the warm truck is much nicer, truck has big lights on it compared to one on the blower, I don't have to suite up for the truck, I can make big piles with the truck (that sometimes are a problem lol), and I can plow a much larger area in say 15 min with the truck since I have a building in back I need to get to. It takes forever to blow back to it. But sometimes I only need to do the drive and the blower cleans it off nice. I don't plow for others anymore, only family at times and only when I have time to do it.

Let us know how it works out, some others here have done it. They work nice for some uses. My drive has some tight spots and I have to push or blow all the snow to certain areas so it would be a pain to use something that can't do that. One guy here (posted at BGW) had an open drive he just went rolling down it and plowed really nice. On top of that here we can get dumped on, its pretty common for me to have a pile by the house that is high as the roof at times.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #14
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Old 08-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sure looks great!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #16
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Sure looks great!
X2 !!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #17
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thanks guys, I am trying to get the insides of the small plastic bumper out to fit over that winch so you wont even see it.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #18
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

WOW!!!!! I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the way the rig handled the snow. we have gotten 24" of snow in my neighborhood in Michigan since last week Thursday. I plowed in one push it was 10" deep and she handled it great. had a little spin when backing away from the pile on the passenger rear wheel but other than that it was great. I have about 200lb of bagged salt on the back but still seems to spin that one wheel. not sure if there is a locker available
Old 12-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #19
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyveins View Post
WOW!!!!! I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the way the rig handled the snow. we have gotten 24" of snow in my neighborhood in Michigan since last week Thursday. I plowed in one push it was 10" deep and she handled it great. had a little spin when backing away from the pile on the passenger rear wheel but other than that it was great. I have about 200lb of bagged salt on the back but still seems to spin that one wheel. not sure if there is a locker available
There was a locker rear available for the older carts, but unfortunately, not for the Team axle.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:43 PM   #20
sr71
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Icy - timely post. My daughter just suggested we do exactly his to our 2012.5 G29. Would you mind telling me what the Warn part numbers are?
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha