lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #11
ScottAu
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Rear End Noise

I will check the location of the brushed when I get it put back together. Sanded the brushes smooth. Did realized there were that soft of material so were easy to sand smooth. Going to see if I can get the commutator turned smooth. The bearing on the motor is making noise and a little loose so will replace it. Can a the Commutator be turn at a machine shop or does I need to take it to electric motor repair shop.
ScottAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #12
ScottAu
Not Yet Wild

I got the motor bearing replace and got the motor back together. Did not get the commutator turn since all the machine shops in the area has closed and the few prices I did get from industrial motor repair shop were more than a motor would cost. I install the motor and the centering kit and took the cart for a test drive. I guess I must have install the brush stud backwards because the cart is going in reverse for forward and forward for reverse. The motor did sound better.

I check the wire going to the motor and they are in the correct order. Any options beside tearing the motor apart again.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:56 PM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Change your f1 f2 or you a1 a2 wires and you will be ok.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:05 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

A1 = Green
A2 = White
S1/F1 = Orange
S2/F2 = Blue
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #15
ScottAu
Not Yet Wild

Took the motor apart again main reason I did not feel comfortable with the install. So I reinstalled the brushes and find on spring not install correct and also learned how to move the spring out to install the brushes and relocated the wire around the brush holder. did have to take bearing back off and straighten the bearing retain since I warped the bracket. It gets easier working on the motor after the first tear town. But the wire connection were still backward on the motor hook.

I had to use
A1 = White
A2 = Green
S1/F1 = Orange
S2/F2 = Blue

Not sure how I got the brush installed backwards

Motors sound normal now even though I did not get the commutator turn. Also has more power going up hills.

Thanks David H. for the parts.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAu View Post
Took the motor apart again main reason I did not feel comfortable with the install. So I reinstalled the brushes and find on spring not install correct and also learned how to move the spring out to install the brushes and relocated the wire around the brush holder. did have to take bearing back off and straighten the bearing retain since I warped the bracket. It gets easier working on the motor after the first tear town. But the wire connection were still backward on the motor hook.

I had to use
A1 = White
A2 = Green
S1/F1 = Orange
S2/F2 = Blue

Not sure how I got the brush installed backwards

Motors sound normal now even though I did not get the commutator turn. Also has more power going up hills.

Thanks David H. for the parts.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car