lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Alltrax tool kit for the SR controller

Ok,got the new system from Scotty hooked up and all Is finally well. The throttle conversion is awesome for anyone dealing with rough terrain and stuff that likes to rip MCORs up like mud and limbs and small saplings!
Anyway, trying to adjust the throttle curve but i need some clarification on what I'm doing. Basically the cart accelerates very quickly too early in the pedal. So I would like to " flatten" that out so to speak. Which I would think would be more of a slow ramp up versus the diagonal line curve it comes set with. Also the reverse acceleration is way to rapid as well.
I adjusted the reverse speed but it doesn't seem to respond to the setting. Still way too much acceleration. I would like a slow ramp up on the reverse. Can someone give me a cliffs notes on what each adjustment does and what I should be changing. What is the throttle rate and does it affect top speed?
Any helpnis appreciated
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax tool kit for the SR controller

Your best bet is trail and error until you find something you like.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sometimes no answer is the best answer
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutsey View Post
Ok,got the new system from Scotty hooked up and all Is finally well. The throttle conversion is awesome for anyone dealing with rough terrain and stuff that likes to rip MCORs up like mud and limbs and small saplings!
Anyway, trying to adjust the throttle curve but i need some clarification on what I'm doing. Basically the cart accelerates very quickly too early in the pedal. So I would like to " flatten" that out so to speak. Which I would think would be more of a slow ramp up versus the diagonal line curve it comes set with. Also the reverse acceleration is way to rapid as well.
I adjusted the reverse speed but it doesn't seem to respond to the setting. Still way too much acceleration. I would like a slow ramp up on the reverse. Can someone give me a cliffs notes on what each adjustment does and what I should be changing. What is the throttle rate and does it affect top speed?
Any help is appreciated

The SR control has many adjustments which can soften the harsh acceleration you are complaining about.
The primary adjustment is throttle ramp rate. This is simply how fast the controller responds to the pedal signal. Reducing the throttle rate setting is a good place to get immediate results.
See 'throttle rate' at the bottom of opening page. Reduce this % to 8-10 and test drive. Don't be afraid to go more if needed.
Then see Pg 2 throttle settings. Here is where you can customize your throttle curve and build some exponential (EXP) into it if desired. I find it easy to create 2 program points in the strait throttle line at say 10 and 20 viewed in the linearized throttle 'curve'. Drag and click or pull the first point down and to the screen right until it reads 13 (location) & 5 (speed) and the second to 23 / 13. Then hit set which turns blue and clears when changes are registered.
Go ahead and drive, then come back and further changes based upon the results from the initial adjustments made above. Remember throttle rate will soften everything but also slow response if taken too far. Another great option is the FN1 on the fly control for speed and torque adjustment on the fly whenever needed.

footnotes:
The down side about exponential curves is this, when you soften the first part of the throttle curve the remaining part of the curve is actually steepened. so yeah you get a softer start but the remainder of the throttle response is actually quickened. Hope this makes sense.
If you reduce the top speed RPM by about 10-20% the pedal response is softened as well but, I won't go into a long explanation as to why this occurs. So, as you see, a combination of these things can get you just the right feel
Old 08-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Is that's your best answer, really?

I suggest you wait & let someone who is experienced with the product post
After 24 hours it's a free-fire zone.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scotty always takes things too personal. According to jlutsy sig line he has a AXE controller. Based on the information I had trail and error was the best answer.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:55 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

He just got a new system from scottyb... we have not sold an AXE model control in over 2 years. They are no longer made. The AXE was replaced by the SPM and now the SPM (which we no longer sell) is no longer being produced - replaced by the SR control.

However all of these controllers had user adjustable throttle behavior for which any knowledgeable technician could give specific settings to calm the throttle response - so a first response like that seems less than the level of support we want to offer here.

Sometimes it's better to wait until somebody with more knowledge of the problem can post.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Sometimes it's better to wait until somebody with more knowledge of the problem can post.
I did, that question was up there for 24 hours w/o a response.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Perhaps the original poster could tell us if he got what was needed. and if he was able to make satisfactory adjustments.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:01 PM   #10
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

You left out the most important adjustments. Auto Throttle Cal and the dead band adjustment.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car