lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
ClubCar_on15s
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 03 club car ds starting problems

Hey guys for some reason my CC stopped all of the sudden coming home from breakfast. I have checked to see if it has spark and it does. What else could it be?

2 weeks ago I had replaced:
ignitor/coil
rev limiter
solenoid
spark plug
ClubCar_on15s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 03 club car ds starting problems

The three basics: fuel, spark, compression. You have spark so my next suggestion would be to check fuel. Take the intake hose off the carb and give it a little squirt of starting fluid or carb cleaner to see if it fires up on that.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
ClubCar_on15s
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply I will try that out when I get home.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
ClubCar_on15s
Not Yet Wild

ok i did what you said and it's getting gas in the carb.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please give us a little more description of what you have going on. I gather the starter cranks on but the engine doesn't catch and run - is that correct? You pulled the spark plug and found you had good spark while cranking the engine over on the starter? Did you spray carb cleaner or starting fluid into the carburetor? You say you have gas in the carb - determined how? Opened float bowl and found gas? Trickle out of the carb throat? Pulled the fuel line from the carb and it pumped out while cranking? More information will help us help you.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #6
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

sounds like a carb contamination problem .If that little brass tube in the carb gets clogged it won't run .a torch tip cleaner works well in checking it after you remove the fuel bowl
rileymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
ClubCar_on15s
Not Yet Wild

Meimk you are correct the starter cranks but the engine doesn't catch and run. Yes i have pulled the spark plug while cranking the engine over the starter. I also sprayed carb cleaner in the carb as you instructed. Gas is in the carb as i opened the carb bowl and leaked gas and also pulled the fuel line from the carb and sprayed gas while cranking.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #8
ClubCar_on15s
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymon View Post
sounds like a carb contamination problem .If that little brass tube in the carb gets clogged it won't run .a torch tip cleaner works well in checking it after you remove the fuel bowl
where is that located on the carb?
Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pull the carb. Remove the float bowl from the bottom, the bolt takes a 10mm wrench or socket. Clean out that float bowl and look inside the threaded hole in the center that the 10mm came out of. You'll see the "brass tube" inside there. It's shaped to remove/install with a slotted screw driver. If you look closely you'll see many small holes that need to be cleared for fuel to flow properly.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #10
ClubCar_on15s
Not Yet Wild

I just took the carb off and seemed very clean but still cleaned it out.The red part Illustrated is the brass tube right? And once I put everything back together it started leaking fuel through a small pipe. In Blue Illustrated.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car