lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
angiesarman
Not Yet Wild

Default Vacuum fuel issues.

1989 Club Cart, replaced fuel pump, carburetor, fuel lines, and fuel filters. I also siphoned old fuel and replaced with new fuel. I hooked a fuel/vacuum pressure gauge to the hose coming out of the tappet cover. The pressure seemed to pulse over +/- 1 psi. With the cart in neutral and neutral cutoff switch engaged, I run the engine, but the fuel is not always being pumped. I have removed the fuel pickup and verified the plastic tube is free of debris. Initially, after I removed the pickup and reseated the tube into the 90-degree hose adapter(I do not know the proper term for this), the fuel seemed to flow normally. One caveat was I would have to choke the motor when I needed to induce a load(go up a hill). After that initial excitement of I got it working, it just stopped pumping fuel period. I have even inspected the fuel pump by taking it apart, just to ensure that debris didn't get through the new fuel filter and clog the new pump. I am at a loss as to what I can do. Furthermore, if I spray starter fluid into air filter intake, she purrs like a kitten.
angiesarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Vacuum fuel issues.

Not sure if it will make a difference, but I believe the factory nipple for the vacuum hose that operates the fuel pump is pictured below (I'm pointing to it). The pump on my cart is set up that way. Maybe you'll get a better signal down there.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel pump, vacuum
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car