lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Looks like new engine time G16a

Really depends on what you want or what you need your car to do. Some members are happy with the stock engine with the speed limiter turned up. Some will pay for the slightly larger clone engine and some spend some big bucks on V-twin power. I will say, I've never had a customer not happy with a stock replacement crate engine. Good luck on your build
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #12
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If my g29 350 engine dies I was thinking going big block.
I mean have you thought about that?
Are you going to do new clutches & belt also?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #13
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
If my g29 350 engine dies I'm going big block.
Sell yours to Workingstiff and put in the big boy
Old 02-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #14
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now that's a good idea...
I already have two vannys and a few Honda gx390 etc....

But.... I just spent $600 on plowmans clutches yesterday. Wish I'd seen this before but he may want new anyhow
Old 02-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #15
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

SLAP...I could have had a V-8:mrgreen I guess it all depends what the value of the upgrades and engine are worth to you. Personally....if you go V-twin.....
Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #16
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I may keep my g29 stock engine wise for a while as with plowmans setup it should feel pretty good and do close to 30 mph.
I may big block the 90 ccds as I may have the engine sold.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #17
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am really looking to stay with a stock style engine . It is fine for me for what I do . I had considered doing a big block but in the end just going back and forth to my shop and bumping around the neighborhood is all I do and is fine for me . I do like a little more speed . As smallblock has said , turning up the limiter gets me what I need .

Black Death , I would be interested if your are considering selling your setup. Will the G29 fit inplace in my G16 . Is the engine stock or have you done performance mods . You can send me a PM if interested . Really depends on what the value is vs a new engine and condition of engine .

Campercart , I have not placed the order yet but getting close . I see where Plowman rebuilds . I did not know if he could rebuild and me come out better that the new engine . Thanks for the tip . I may just need to call him. I am looking into all options .
workingstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #18
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would sell it but I just placed an order for all new clutches with plowmans for YDR performance kit. Engine is all stock just that stock team clutches are junk on the 07-12 models, reason I upgraded.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #19
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
I would sell it but I just placed an order for all new clutches with plowmans for YDR performance kit. Engine is all stock just that stock team clutches are junk on the 07-12 models, reason I upgraded.
I understand . Just thought if you were at a point to sell we could work out a deal . I have not ordered the new engine yet . I plan on calling plowman to see what my options are with him . It's not a problem for it to be down for a while . As a matter of fact it gives me more exercise walking to the shop which is not a bad thing .
Old 02-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #20
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just to update on my G16a , I got the new engine in and is running well . Only mod from the JN6 to the JR6 was the oil level switch wire as cgtech had stated . The old JN6 had a wire coming from the engine that plugged into the harness . The new JR6 engine had a stud sticking out of the engine side cover . I uses a barrel female connector and it plugged right on and made a jumper wire to the harness .

While I was in there I got plowmans roller kit for the primary clutch and dressed up the weight surfaces and new bushing and oil seals . Also got king pins from him . Trying to catch up on maintenance while I am at it . I also noticed someone had removed the lower muffler bracket . Was not comfortable with that heavy muffler just hanging there from the head . So I fabed a support mount .

The secondary clutch looks to be showing its age . I think I will get plowmans set up just for the secondary and should be ready for the summer . Thanks for everyone's input .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha