lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
shthpns22
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha prohauler starting issues

Recently got a prohauler that had been sitting for a few years. Got it back to my house and started to replace/ clean needed items. Got the tank cleaned out and new fuel lines run. Put fresh oil in it, cleaned the carb, checked the plug and surprisingly it looks good for how long it was sitting. Also got a new battery. Everything that I have tried so far has not been successful in getting it to run. It has fuel, spark etc. I removed the valve cover and noticed that the push rods were not moving when I was rotating the engine by hand, so I took the head off to see what was going on. Rotated the engine by hand some more and the pushrods still weren't moving. Not really sure what to do next. Please bare with me as this is my first small engine project. Thanks in advance!
shthpns22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2017, 01:39 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha prohauler starting issues

Be sure pushrods are in the lifter sockets. Apply a little downward pressure to pushrods with your palm & turn it over by hand. If you cannot get the lifters to show any signs of life, you will need to pull the side cover to see if the lifters are bent/stuck , or if it has flat cam lobes, stripped cam gear teeth, ect.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #3
shthpns22
Not Yet Wild

Pulled the side cover to take a look since I could not get the lifters to budge. Everything looks as clean as can be. Both lifters were stuck in the up position. Gently persuaded them out and they have a little bit of of what looks like rust. Would it be possible to sand that material off and use them again? Also, what would be the best way to clean out the area that they fit in? I'm pretty sure it may have rust as well.
shthpns22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Rusty lifter bores, must have sat for a while. You'll have to find something you can get in there to clean them without removing metal. I'd try to find a dremel pad like the scotch pads, they work great at polishing steel, the kind you use to clean gasket surfaces.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha