lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Default Club Car Gas Limo

We picked up a 4 seat Club Car limo that has a S/N starting with LK08 which is a 2008 Limo Gas (Asian limo project). This car has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes with disc brakes in the front. It also has a really different parking brake set up. It has an electric motor that automatically actuates the master cylinder setting the parking brake. There is no manually operated parking brake like on most Club cars. We have been able to get the parking brake to partially operate, but I don't think it is operating like it is supposed to. I have not been able to find any info at all on this car anywhere. Our local Club Car dealer doesn't even have anything on it. Has anyone ever come across one of these cars? I thought I had seen pretty much everything on a Club Car until I ran into this one. It is a factory Club Car built car. Any info on the parking break system would be great.

Thanks
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2017, 12:23 AM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Club Car Gas Limo

Golf cart for Asian market can have the following systems:

- Auto-parking (what you seem to have): it applies the brakes as soon as you stop the cart;
- Electromagnetic induction: the cart is driving by itself following a path (buried cable) and can be operated from a remote control.

With auto-parking, you should have a switch somewhere to unblock the brakes, but on an Hitachi I had, it was temporary... and useless to say the battery must be ok Out of it, but depending of the brands, you could also have a security to slow down the cart when going downhill, etc... meaning plenty of electronic and sensors!

This being said, you can also have the second option (Electromagnetic induction) which is quite a nightmare for us (adding/modifying our carts). The quick way to see if you have it is if you see big push buttons in front and behind. By the way, pictures would help...

First it would be fine to find a part catalog for your specific cart and see what is installed...

Good luck!
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car