lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Gibster2502
Not Yet Wild

Default Accelerator delay and whirring noise on club car precedent gas

Hi I've a problem with club car precedent gas in that there is a delay when pressing the accelerator. Engine kicks in fine after a few seconds. Happens all the time. Had taken starter generator motor out last week and replaced the brushes so definitely not that problem. Battery and solenoid seem ok. See video posted on YouTube club car delay (Garvan o Connor) Any help suggestions very welcome thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gibster2502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Accelerator delay and whirring noise on club car precedent gas

Tighten the crap out of the starter belt. Most people don't tighten them up enough.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The whirring sound is the starter turning but the belt is not tight enough to turn the motor.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 AM   #4
Gibster2502
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I did that and it's really helped!! I since realised that the engine was sometimes naturally stopping in top dead center and it was the struggling to turn over from this point when you pushed accelerator, probably because of the alignment of the piston in relation to the crank shaft (more force required when piston and crank in line) Do you think that putting my battery on an overnight charge might help as well? Maybe more power drain from the battery when starter trying to turn engine from top dead center position. It might help for s smoother restart from top dead center. Belt tightened had really helped, whirring now very infrequent and not for as long. Thanks for the reply any other ideas welcome. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gibster2502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car