lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #31
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Loading Club Car in 3/4 ton Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose343 View Post
Anyone have any experience with loading their cart up on a Diamondback truck cover?? The length of the ramps are supposed to make the incline the same or less then most tailgate ramps, just wondering if anyone has done it before I give it a shot. Cart is a 2012 CC precedent

Thanks!
Can you imagine where the CoG would be!!! Don't go around any corners.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #32
Moose343
Not Yet Wild

I use it all the time for my atv and it's no worse than ramps into the bed of the truck So I'm comfortable with the ride up. was just hoping someone has done it before to save me a wasted attempt if it won't even make the climb. Will definitely post pics if it works out though
Moose343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #33
Moose343
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Can you imagine where the CoG would be!!! Don't go around any corners.
It's definitely something to get used to but I've had my atv (about 750lbs) on top while hauling my 34' camper with no issues
Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #34
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose343 View Post
I use it all the time for my atv and it's no worse than ramps into the bed of the truck So I'm comfortable with the ride up. was just hoping someone has done it before to save me a wasted attempt if it won't even make the climb. Will definitely post pics if it works out though
I am obviously misunderstanding something. How can ramps to the cover of the bed be the same angle or less than the ramps to the bed itself?

Also the Centre-of-Gravity I was talking about was to the unit of the truck with the cart on the top of the cover. The weight of the batteries in the cart (not to mention the rest of the weight of the cart) is sitting about 3 ft above the truck suspension (almost in-line with the top of the cabin).

I'll be interested to see the photos if you decide to do it. Good luck.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see your previous post about getting used to it before I posted this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ramps.jpg (30.8 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:40 PM   #35
Moose343
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
I am obviously misunderstanding something. How can ramps to the cover of the bed be the same angle or less than the ramps to the bed itself?

Also the Centre-of-Gravity I was talking about was to the unit of the truck with the cart on the top of the cover. The weight of the batteries in the cart (not to mention the rest of the weight of the cart) is sitting about 3 ft above the truck suspension (almost in-line with the top of the cabin).

I'll be interested to see the photos if you decide to do it. Good luck.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see your previous post about getting used to it before I posted this.
The angle is about the same due to the length of the ramps and them being arched. They are 12.5 ft long vs. 6-8 ft on most other ramps
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car