lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
Geauxtigers
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Tire rub!!!

Any way to correct this????
Just rubs when I turn all the way to left!!!
Don't rub when I turn all the way right!!

IMG_8447.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg

IMG_8449.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg
Geauxtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Tire rub!!!

Jack up the front end and place the steering wheel straight. Then turn it all the way to the left and all the way to the right from center, counting the turns of the steering wheel. You may find it is off and turning further left then right. If so, you will have to adjust it out at the gear box and knuckle assembly. If it is not off at all, then you will have to lift it more or get offset wheels to move it out from the spindle. (and the pic shows it to appear a lot more to the left...)

Also, with the wheels straight, measure the gap between the both tires back to the body panel and see if it is off centered.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
Geauxtigers
Getting Wild

Club Car

It's a little over one full turn to right and about 1 1/2 turns to left!!!
How do I adjust it???
Old 03-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yup, was virtually no doubt in my mind.....

- Block the rear wheels
- Jack up the front end and center the wheels
- Drop the tie-rod end (TRE) coming from the Gear Box (GB) to passenger side spindle
- Center the GB via the steering wheel (don't worry how crooked the wheel looks)
- Clamp the GB u-joint/yoke assemble in place so it cannot move
- Now you can see how far the GB TRE is misaligned from the spindle
- Break the jam nuts loose on that adjustment rod behind the dropped TRE
- Turn the rod CW or CCW until the TRE is aligned to the spindle and reinstall the TRE (Note- the wheels must be straight forward and the GB not moved)
- Now you can either remove the steering wheel and realign it if it is splined or you can loosen the GB u-joint/yoke assembly and then turn the wheel until you have it straight and then retighten the assembly.
- Now lower the cart, remove the blocks, drive the cart, and if the steering wheel is perfectly aligned, then reach under the front end and retighten the jam nuts on the GB TRE adjustment rod. If it is not, jack it back up and adjust the rod CW or CCW until the wheel is centered. It will only require a minute amount of adjustment, then tighten the jam nuts and you are back to normal and perfectly aligned! (And thank the guy that installed the lift kit for throwing the front end geometry off so far by not properly aligning it with the steering wheel and GB....)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
Geauxtigers
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks
I'll try tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #6
aawong
Not Yet Wild

How did this work out I have the same problem with my Yamaha g22 if you turn the wheel to the left the tire hits the rocker panels and if you turn the wheel to the right it’s perfectly fine?
aawong is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car