lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
Binderman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Resistor cart owners?

I want to mount a volt meter (digital) on my cart. After looking at what very little dash it has I am looking for options to mount my meter.

I think my dash is missing some kind of face plate maybe?? What was there originally?

I think I can make a plate to cover that area and secure it with what looks like holes for screws on the outer edges. Three per side if memory serves me.

Anybody mounted one on a resistor cart in some place other than where the key and F/R switch is mounted?

Thanks all!!!
Binderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Resistor cart owners?

I did this some years ago. Moved the key switch to the dash including a state of charge meter like on newer carts (TXT).
You can make a switch plate out of plastic, sheet aluminum or some other suitable material. I used the space in between the ball holder and where you stick the tees. There was no dash piece cover there from the factory. Not difficult.
Don't have the cart anymore and although I have some pictures none of them are of the dash unfortunately.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #3
Binderman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I did this some years ago. Moved the key switch to the dash including a state of charge meter like on newer carts (TXT).
You can make a switch plate out of plastic, sheet aluminum or some other suitable material. I used the space in between the ball holder and where you stick the tees. There was no dash piece cover there from the factory. Not difficult.
Don't have the cart anymore and although I have some pictures none of them are of the dash unfortunately.
As much as I hate to admit it I have never hit a golf ball on a golf course so this is like Greek to me.

After looking and feeling around a bit I think I can make it all work in the area mentioned.

Thanks a zillion!!
Old 05-22-2018, 07:08 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Above the cupholders and the warning label in the dash center are two rectangular cutouts. The longer one on the left is the ball holder. If you can find a golf ball it would wedge right in there. Room for about 4 of them. The smaller rectangular cutout just to the right of it has a bunch of little holes next to it. That is where you stick spare tees. I assume you know what a golf tee looks like but if not just google it. Anyway, I used that smaller cutout and made a plate out of simulated carbon fiber plastic to fit that cutout. I cut a hole in it for the new keyswitch and a rectangular cut for a state of charge meter. Extended the existing key switch wires under the floor to reach up there and added 2 wires from the battery pack mains the same way for the state of charge meter.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ezgo_76_93.gif (55.4 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Binderman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Above the cupholders and the warning label in the dash center are two rectangular cutouts. The longer one on the left is the ball holder. If you can find a golf ball it would wedge right in there. Room for about 4 of them. The smaller rectangular cutout just to the right of it has a bunch of little holes next to it. That is where you stick spare tees. I assume you know what a golf tee looks like but if not just google it. Anyway, I used that smaller cutout and made a plate out of simulated carbon fiber plastic to fit that cutout. I cut a hole in it for the new keyswitch and a rectangular cut for a state of charge meter. Extended the existing key switch wires under the floor to reach up there and added 2 wires from the battery pack mains the same way for the state of charge meter.
Thats it!! Couldn't see the forest for the tree's!!

Thanks for the info!!
Old 05-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #6
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is where I mounted my volt meter on my 79 three wheeler resistor cart. On the right side of the warning label (covered up by the diamond plate dash cover)

DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO