lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
420ma
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Banging in reverse

Ok so here are the basics.
1993 Marathon
48V
500A Curtis (knockoff controller...don't go there)
HD F/R switch from scottyb
Big ole solenoid forget the size from scottyb
stock motor

So I hit the pedal and it goes normally forward I have a 3 sec ramp up programmed into the controller. It goes great and when I let off the pedal it seems to want to come to a screechng halt, like the motor just stops and the rear doesn't like it at all. Brakes are good, it drives nice at a good speed.
420ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Banging in reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420ma View Post
Ok so here are the basics.
1993 Marathon
48V
500A Curtis (knockoff controller...don't go there)
HD F/R switch from scottyb
Big ole solenoid forget the size from scottyb
stock motor

So I hit the pedal and it goes normally forward I have a 3 sec ramp up programmed into the controller. It goes great and when I let off the pedal it seems to want to come to a screechng halt, like the motor just stops and the rear doesn't like it at all. Brakes are good, it drives nice at a good speed.
The Decell value is way too low, add some time to it. It should be about 10.0s on Decell LS and 15.0s on Decell HS. If you only have a generic Decell, set it for 20.0s. Those values should allow for a smooth coast down instead of a hard stop.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:09 AM   #3
420ma
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The Decell value is way too low, add some time to it. It should be about 10.0s on Decell LS and 15.0s on Decell HS. If you only have a generic Decell, set it for 20.0s. Those values should allow for a smooth coast down instead of a hard stop.
I'm not sure if that is a parameter in the Curtis controller. I'll have to investigate, thanks
Old 06-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420ma View Post
I'm not sure if that is a parameter in the Curtis controller. I'll have to investigate, thanks
Parameters/System Configuration/Deceleration/Negative Ia/Airport or Golf/Freedom and adjust the regen feel to your liking for which ever mode you have selected... 1 = Coast, 2 = Mild, or 3 Heavy, and Reverse. You can adjust to see what sort of slowdown times you want. To see which mode is active, go to...
Profile Selection and see which number is selected. Then go to...
Profiles and select the one that is selected in Profle Selection...
Under that profile, you'll have 3 menu options...
Speed sets your max speed in that profile
Accel Selection sets which Accel profile that you desire... 1, 2, 3, or 4
Braking Selection sets which braking profile that you desire... 1 or 2, or 1,2, or 3 depending in which profile is selected.

Everything is adjustable and tunable, but you must know what you are doing or you can royally mess up how the cart operates. You better be glad that you don't have an Enhanced Serial controller. There are a lot of very critical adjustments that you would have to learn or you could literally brick your controller with a simple mistake in a setting or two.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
420ma
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, it will be a few weeks before I'm back to the campground to look but it will be the first thing I do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO