lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
NoMoreTime
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 DCS cart, no go

Hello, I have not started looking at anything yet as we just got back from a camping trip, but all weekend the cart worked fine and 2 days later I go to pull it out of the barn,,, nothing. I bought a controller from scottyb about 4 years ago, and have not had a single problem. I did notice the little green led on the controller that lights up when you pres the go pedal,, does not light up now. So I'm wondering if it's not getting a signal from the go pedal. Anyway was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to start looking.

thanks
NoMoreTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 DCS cart, no go

Start reading here....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-txt-nogo.html

And it REALLY helps if you will give detailed specifics of your cart when asking questions..

Voltage
Year
Drive type (Series or other)
what happens or doesn't...

Plenty of folks eager to help, just need specific info...
Also, a quick read thought the "stickies" (top of forum) is very informative.
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 DCS cart, no go

You need battery pack voltage (38.2V for a fully charged 36V pack) on Pins 5, 6, 9 & 10 to power up a DCX controller, so check for the presence on pack voltage on those four pins. (Pedal has to be pushed for voltage on Pin-5)

Might want to check the voltage on the third (smaller) wire coming out of the charger port. That comes from the infamous reed switch, which is a high failure item.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO