lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Does this flip seat look installed correctly?

Does this flip rear seat seem right to you guys? It seems like it is too far under the back support making it feel like you are on the edge of your seat a bit and hard to flip open. If I line the front of the bottom pan up with the front seat post supports then it makes the bottom seat slides pretty far under the back support and it barely opens. I had to drill the rear bottom frame-to-step supports short to slide it forward to be up against the front seat supports. If I use the original hole then the flip seat would work better bc it would slide 1.5" back away from the back support. I will have a 1.5" gap between the support bracket and the pan up front though. I guess I could add a bunch of washers or get a block of aluminum.

Pic 1 is the seat down

Pic 2 is the bolts holding the seat supports and pan together

Pic 3 is me trying to flip it open. It works but the cushions have to be pried past each other and will probably wear them. Down prematurely

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2018, 12:35 AM   #2
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Does this flip seat look installed correctly?

It’s kind of hard to tell from the pics but, is the seat back installed upsideown? The seat back top usually has the two “humps” and the bottom is more flat.
EzgoNewbie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:43 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Not an expert on those but looks to be off a couple inches.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoNewbie305 View Post
It’s kind of hard to tell from the pics but, is the seat back installed upsideown? The seat back top usually has the two “humps” and the bottom is more flat.
Times 2.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #5
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yep, the humps are facing down. Thanks!

How do I know if my leaf springs are the upgraded ones? Sounds like 3 leafs is heavy duty and 2 is normal???

Old 07-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also hard to tell from the picture but the "thick" part of the seat bottom goes towards the legs and the "thinner" part on the back towards the back rest.

If the mounting holes on the bottom of the seat are offset (I am not in front of my cart to verify), it would explain the seat being too far back.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:59 AM   #7
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Also hard to tell from the picture but the "thick" part of the seat bottom goes towards the legs and the "thinner" part on the back towards the back rest.

If the mounting holes on the bottom of the seat are offset (I am not in front of my cart to verify), it would explain the seat being too far back.
Thick/thinner? The bottom seat came premounted. I think you are talking about which direction the bottom seat is facing

Old 07-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
X3. Looks upside down.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO