lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
bubba4dad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed disappointment, what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahau View Post
I appreciate all of the responses! When I spoke with PQ, he stated I should be getting around 25mph. His suggestion was to increase tire pressure.

I would much rather have the torque considering it is primarily for hunting. Although I have nothing to base it on, I just thought I should be getting faster speeds.
Wow - Increase the tire pressure was his suggestion? He thinks that will increase the speed by 7 mph? What does he think you are running on flat tires now? lol
bubba4dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2018, 06:28 PM   #12
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
noahau….as suggested, you need to change your motor to a speed motor. as you can see in my sig,
boy what a signature !!!!

Quote:
2007 EZGO TXT, 48V, White w/ B&W Two Tone Seats, 6" LIFT, 23" TIRES, 12" Machined SS Wheels, ALLTRAX SPM-48500 Controller, HD F&R Switch, 400A SD Solenoid, 2 Ga. Cables, AMD 7126 "RAPTOR" Motor, Forever Sharp Steering Wheel, Jakes Sport Shifter w/ 8 Ball Knob, Extended Top, Rear Seat, Alpine Stereo. Current Top Speed: 30 MPH

my sig says it best
Old 07-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4dad View Post
Wow - Increase the tire pressure was his suggestion? He thinks that will increase the speed by 7 mph? What does he think you are running on flat tires now? lol
OP is running 23” tires that MAY be running as low as 5psi air pressure. Increasing to 20psi or higher (if the tire is rated for it) would decrease the rolling resistance considerably. It’s not far fetched at all.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

OP says, "Tires are 23x10.5x12 at 30psi", so I assumed he measured the diameter "at 30psi"?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO