lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
thatrain31
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax controller

1986 CC converted to CartsUnlimited c54 kit 3 months ago. Went out for a ride just now. Put cart in reverse to back out of driveway. Kit jumped really hard then stopped. Smelt smoke and looked under seat. Smoke appeared to be coming from M- on the controller. Now the controller Powers up, solenoid clicks, get 3 green flashing lights, then solid green (when pedal barely pressed). Then press the pedal down more to go and the light turns solid red in both forward and reverse. The cart had worked great for 3 months now and this is very upsetting being I paid $1000 for this setup. Please help!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thatrain31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax controller

The Alltrax control carries a 2 year warranty.
It sounds like 1 of 2 things.
Hopefully there is a loose connection on the M- cable. Check at the controller and at the motor. Can you post a picture of the M- terminal where the smoke came from.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

In all fairness to scottyb and Alltrax, this is part of carting. These things do happen and I hope you know that. I would not let it upset me, I would just get it corrected and roll on. As noted, there is a 2 year warranty so that is no issue in regards to the controller, just need to make sure there is no gremlins at play as you want your cart back and dependable as soon as you can.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
thatrain31
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
In all fairness to scottyb and Alltrax, this is part of carting. These things do happen and I hope you know that. I would not let it upset me, I would just get it corrected and roll on. As noted, there is a 2 year warranty so that is no issue in regards to the controller, just need to make sure there is no gremlins at play as you want your cart back and dependable as soon as you can. [emoji106]
I know this. The wife don't understand it. And I have full faith in my boy ScottyB and in alltrax because ScottyB believes in them.

ScottyB, I will get that picture tomorrow. I had to go to work. However, before I left, I did checked tightness of all connection. I also removed wire from motor and tested the motor separately. I just saw your email response so you know about the computer thing and the controller not communicating with pc. I appreciate everyone's help.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I can authorize return. We can send this back to Alltrax for evaluation.
I have only seen this once before. The cause was a loose connection at M-. The loose connection got the terminal so hot it melted the plastic housing.
Waiting for pictures. Return authorization will not be issued on a buggie forum. Not really sure why you cried out here instead of contacting me initially. You have my email. Must be a social media thing
Old 08-03-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
thatrain31
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I can authorize return. We can send this back to Alltrax for evaluation.
I have only seen this once before. The cause was a loose connection at M-. The loose connection got the terminal so hot it melted the plastic housing.
Waiting for pictures. Return authorization will not be issued on a buggie forum. Not really sure why you cried out here instead of contacting me initially. You have my email. Must be a social media thing
I was hoping it was a simple fix that someone could answer quickly and get me rolling quickly. Lol. You want picture here or email?

Old 08-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Either place. Email goes to me.
The forum goes to everybody and I might see it too
Old 08-21-2018, 10:24 AM   #8
thatrain31
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB. Just an update for you. I received my new controller today from Alltrax. I installed it and it is working great!! Thanks for all your help. Truly best customer service ever!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for posting that, Alltrax has the BEST customer service record EVER
Glad I could help
Happy Carting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car