lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
mattanda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need help removing speed controller for RXV

I am brand new to any forum posting so forgive me if I am asking a stupid question. I have a 2014 EZGO rxv and I am looking for a little more speed. I have read on here about Bob Boyce and he seems like the man that can help me. I have located my speed controller but want to make sure I know how to take it out before I go any further. I have looked on here and online to try and find a video or manual showing how to remove it. Does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for. Thanks.
mattanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help removing speed controller for RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattanda View Post
I am brand new to any forum posting so forgive me if I am asking a stupid question. I have a 2014 EZGO rxv and I am looking for a little more speed. I have read on here about Bob Boyce and he seems like the man that can help me. I have located my speed controller but want to make sure I know how to take it out before I go any further. I have looked on here and online to try and find a video or manual showing how to remove it. Does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for. Thanks.
First thing, flip the run/tow switch to tow, have the key switched to off, and remove the key. Remove the push-pins (press center pin down a bit then pull the entire pin assembly out of each hole. The center pins insert from the top after putting the push pins back in the holes) so the cover can be lifted out. Take plenty of photos of how the controller is mounted and wired. Take notes if required on how the controller power cables connect to the battery pack...

Remove the black battery cable from the negative pack terminal. Remove the red battery cable from the positive pack terminal. Remove the bolts from the controllers B- and B+ terminals. B- holds the black battery cable attached, and B+ holds the copper strap from the controller side of the solenoid. Remove the top two mounting bolts from the controller, one on each side. This will allow the resistor mount/heat sink shield to be removed and laid to one side. Revove the bolts from the resistor terminal and the 3 motor terminals. Those 3 are color coded and lettered to match the markings on the controller. Remove the bottom 2 controller mounting screws, one on each side. You should be able to push the controller rearward, more to one side, then tip that end up and pull it out. The run/tow switch stays in tow with the key off until after you re-assemble the controller to the cart and complete the wiring work.

To put the controller back in, reverse the above instructions.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
mattanda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob for the quick response. I am to assume that if I remove this, I can send it to you and you can do your magic to make the speed increase? If so what is the cost? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattanda View Post
Thanks Bob for the quick response. I am to assume that if I remove this, I can send it to you and you can do your magic to make the speed increase? If so what is the cost? Thanks.
Correct. The cost of postage each way is all that I ask to be paid. I prefer the Priority Mail, 11" X 8.5" X 5.5" Medium Flat Rate box, as postage is $13.65 each way. The RXV Curtis controllers are so heavy that a regular Priority Mail box, where you pay by weight, is over $25 each way!

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
mattanda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #6
mattanda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob. I will try and get to it this week. As soon as I get an address to send it to, I will. If you are ever in Northwest Florida, I owe you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO