lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Speed Increase '09 Precedent IQ

Read bunches of threads, and quite confused. My speed is currently around 11 or 12mph on my standard cart, and would like to get it to the 19mph level. What exactly do I need? I do not understand the Speed Code 4 upgrade either. I need my cart to golf but would not be convenient to get it to a cart dealer. If a magnet works, what do I need and where does it go? Thanks.
BNB1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Increase '09 Precedent IQ

Are you sure it's an IQ? If your serial number starts with "PQ" you've got an IQ. If it starts with "PH" it's an Excel and the speed magnet won't work. If you've got an IQ, throw a magnet in it. The magnet is held onto the end of the motor shaft by one bolt. It's located beneath the speed sensor on the end of the motor on the passenger side of the cart. Your controller is built to limit the max speed of the cart. On speed setting 3 (default) your controller will not allow your cart to exceed 14.8MPH. It reads this speed from the speed sensor. The speed sensor detects magnetic pulses in the magnet to determine motor RPM. The high speed magnet only has half as many poles in it, therefore the sensor can only read half of the actual speed. Because of this, when your cart reaches the 14.8 MPH, it no longer limits itself. Your new speed "limit" is essentially double of what it was before, 29.6 MPH. Although you have nowhere near enough power to reach that speed, you now have an "unrestricted" cart that has full range to run it's maximum potential. A healthy IQ cart will run 20-22 MPH on level ground with a speed magnet installed. Your electronic motor braking will be disabled as a result of the new magnet. If you like the motor braking feature, you need to have a dealer program your cart for high speed with a high speed code, around $100 at most dealers, or you can install an Alltrax XCT300 controller and gain a little performance. Torque and Speed will be increased with the controller upgrade and you'll be able to set your own RPM limit with a PC laptop and the free Alltrax software.

If you choose to go the magnet route, you need to know which motor you have. If your 2009 is equipped with the original motor, you'll need to order the speed magnet for the ADC/AMD motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Magnet goes on the end of the motor under the top hat looking part. You take out two screws and then One screw holds the magnet. Get magnet from David at Revolution carts, site sponsor. You will be pleased with the speed and the cost.

Well David responded faster than me and splianed it better.

Last edited by mrgolf; 10-01-2018 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: update
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Magnet goes on the end of the motor under the top hat looking part. You take out two screws and then One screw holds the magnet. Get magnet from David at Revolution carts, site sponsor. You will be pleased with the speed and the cost.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #5
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Dave, I will be ordering the speed magnet, I assume you want me to go to your site to do so. I've ordered from you before [pedal/mcor assembly, etc].
It is definitely an IQ, and likely stock motor, although I will physically check in the morning before ordering. Is it a big deal to lose the motor braking? I use it 80% of the time for golf. My brakes appear to be in good order.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #6
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

It appears to be the stock motor, as suspected. To make sure, Dave what is the part number on your site?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cartmotor.jpg (81.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB1023 View Post
It appears to be the stock motor, as suspected. To make sure, Dave what is the part number on your site?

It’s the ADC Motor for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I've not had regen braking for the last 4 years or so. Don't miss it. Don't have it on my vehicles either BTW, you will still have roll away braking.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car