lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 15 club car

After 3 yrs with a 14 cc elec I made a trade to a 15 gas. Questions is there a way to overide the stop start and how do i get it from 15 mph to 19 mph?
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 15 club car

Which engine?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:44 PM   #3
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Subaru fuel injected
Old 02-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

High speed throttle cable from David at Revolution.

You want to make it idle instead of shutting off when you take your foot off the pedal?
You'll need an idle spring for the driven clutch, without it the clutch will drag the belt and will cause the cart to keep pulling in the direction of whichever gear you're in.

You can either make it a key start by replacing the key switch with a 3 position switch, or you can just make it a pedal start that will use the pedal switch for the initial start, but it will continue to idle after the initial start.
Either way means making some wire alterations and connecting a relay to keep the ignition circuit active after your foot comes off the pedal.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks sounds like a lot of work for the idle thing but think i can handle the cable
Old 02-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

B4 I order a cable, I was told there an adjustment that can be made under a panel on the floor that will speed it up 2 or 3 mph, anything to this?
Old 02-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #7
Texas Made
Not Yet Wild

I just purchased a 2018 club car. I made the adjustment you mentioned under the floor panel. This increased top speed approx 33% from 18 mph before to +/-24 mph after. It was a quick and easy modification and I'm happy with the result so far, although I really have only had a few outings with it since adjustment.

I would like to get into the high 20's as a top speed and would be interested in hearing from someone that did the high speed throttle cable swap and what the results were from that mod.
Texas Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Couple people have done it. One guy pretty sure installed a high speed gear set and then did the throttle cable as well. Hopefully he chimes in.

I have a 14 with the EFI and have adjusted the governor but that was to slow it down. Don't need the staff here getting happy on the Go pedal.

Remove the rear access panel and you will find a set of adjuster screws and the governor arm in between. I didn't mess with the screws I just loosened the governor arm lock nut and moved the governor arm slightly clockwise and re-tightened.

You can adjust the stop screws, and that's probably what other people have done, but some say you get a very jerky start by doing that, but it does bump up speed a fair amount.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks WOW! who would have thought 16 mph to 20 mph with 4 turns of a nut under that floor panel. old sparky had to have speed code 4 and 22 inch tires to do 21mph and was painfully slow to get there
Old 02-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #10
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

the cable adjustment took me from 16 to 20, what will the speed cable do?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car