lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
jaywhy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 DS won't start, fuel everywhere

So I took it for a spin last night and got a text today from the wife while at work that it was dripping fuel. No biggie I thought prob a stuck float. I got home and hit the pedal and fuel is coming from the air box and out where the exhaust connects to the motor and the motor stops spinning at top dead center
jaywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 93 DS won't start, fuel everywhere

Float stuck or the diaphragm in the fuel pump ruptured and she's flooded.
Drain the oil, and remove the oil filter, the crankcase will probably have almost 1/2 gallon of fuel in it.
After draining the oil, remove the carb and clean it out very well. Quite often there's just some debris or a tiny amount of corrosion that causes the float needle to not close all the way. Usually a good cleaning will fix it. I've have a few do this and have never needed a new needle or float, but make sure the tip on the needle is still rubbery, and make sure the float is not cracked and full of fuel.

Also remove the pulse line from the fuel pump and see if the pump drips liquid out of the pulse nipple. If fuel is dripping from there the pump will need a rebuild or replacement.

Let the oil drip drain for as long as you can, when you refill it run it for a few minutes then drain the oil again. A repeat filter change will not be necessary, but you will want to change the oil again to get as much fuel out of the crankcase as possible.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

along with the above, remove the air box. Also jack the front of the cart up as high as possible to get the fuel out of the air pick up tube, other wise youll ruin a new air filter at start up.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
jaywhy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Float stuck or the diaphragm in the fuel pump ruptured and she's flooded.
Drain the oil, and remove the oil filter, the crankcase will probably have almost 1/2 gallon of fuel in it.
After draining the oil, remove the carb and clean it out very well. Quite often there's just some debris or a tiny amount of corrosion that causes the float needle to not close all the way. Usually a good cleaning will fix it. I've have a few do this and have never needed a new needle or float, but make sure the tip on the needle is still rubbery, and make sure the float is not cracked and full of fuel.

Also remove the pulse line from the fuel pump and see if the pump drips liquid out of the pulse nipple. If fuel is dripping from there the pump will need a rebuild or replacement.

Let the oil drip drain for as long as you can, when you refill it run it for a few minutes then drain the oil again. A repeat filter change will not be necessary, but you will want to change the oil again to get as much fuel out of the crankcase as possible.
Thanks I think you nailed it. Tons of gas in it when I drained the oil and the pulse line has a steady stream of fuel pouring out of it. New fuel pump on order!
jaywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car