lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
Jmboog67
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Club Car missing and backfiring

I am new to the forum. I have a 2006 Presedent Club Car, it is missing bad and is hard to start. It will run for a few mins at first start, then goes to jumping and missing so bad it want hardly move. I have tried several things to fix, but nothing working for me. Does anyone have any suggestions????
Jmboog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car missing and backfiring

Check to see if it has spark when it starts missing. Sounds like it's a bad ignition coil.to me, works when cool, gets hot and quits, cools off and starts working again.

Could be a rev limiter going bad, but sounds like a coil to me. Usually when the rev limiter goes out you lose spark all together
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Simple check to see of its the rev limiter, which is where I would start. Removed the Rev limiter ground wire, brown wire. Remove the bolt and see if the cart will run.
Id go after carb, then, and/or pulser line-fuel pump issue.
But this will give you some places to start. Should be an easy fix.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
Jmboog67
Not Yet Wild

Tks for the help will try this first thing in the morning. This is one of the best forums I have been on. Lots of good help here!!! I am hoping for the easy fix thing!!!!!
Old 06-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
Jmboog67
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I unhooked the rev limiter and it ran the same. I also replaced the fuel pump and plug. I guess the next thing to do is replace the coil. This is getting to be a headache. I am not going to quit on it, so just keep plugging alone. If there is something else that anyone can think of I would appreciate the ideas. Thanks again for the help so far.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:17 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Replacing the coil is a pain. You're gonna have to pull the engine to do it. I would first verify you're actually losing spark. And make sure you use an OEM kawasaki coil or you can plan on doing the job again very very soon.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car