lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
mjf9730
Not Yet Wild

Default 2020 Lithium Onward

I have a 2020 Onward with a lithium battery pack. I'm wanting to install the charger on the cart and put a chord reel on it. I've been told that CC makes a bracket for this and a jumper for the charging receptacle. Does anyone have any experience doing this?
mjf9730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
Greyback
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2020 Lithium Onward

No experience with this, but I have a question for you about your CC. Have you had any malfunctions with your cart. My neighbor just bought one and his computer already crashed. He had a few codes, one was where he would press the horn and it would malfunction and not work until he turned the cart off or used his signals. Then he had a major malfunction and the cart would not even run. After the techs came to take a look the computer crashed and now it has to be replaced.

I'm just curious if other CC lithium owners have had any issues as well.
Greyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #3
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf9730 View Post
I have a 2020 Onward with a lithium battery pack. I'm wanting to install the charger on the cart and put a chord reel on it. I've been told that CC makes a bracket for this and a jumper for the charging receptacle. Does anyone have any experience doing this?
I would suggest you contact David at https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/

He is a Site Sponsor and knows everything about Club Carts.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf9730 View Post
Off topic, but do you happen to have a wiring diagram for this vehicle? If not any chance you may be able to tell me what model number controller is in it, or if the Clubcar/Curtis handset works with it?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #5
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2020 lithium Onward. No problems so far other than a little squeak I hear now and then. I can't localize it but it is not bothersome as it comes and goes. The ride is harsh. No more than 20lbs in the tires helps but not totally. You feel every bump. Sports mode creates a herky jerky sensation while driving but the torque and thrust is worth it. It is not perfect but overall I am pleased and will never go back to acid battery carts.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:40 PM   #6
Andy8B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have the 2021 Onward Li-Ion and had the dreaded code 29. My horn was bad and throwing off the isolation resistance value. The cure was to replace the horn and update the firmware. From what I was told the factory setting was too close and when using Regen the logic would lock up and I could not even charge the unit. With new firmware and horn the unit works as expected. Using the new CCDT I can keep an eye on the isolation resistance value.
Andy8B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 05:02 PM   #7
yan.l
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy8B View Post
I have the 2021 Onward Li-Ion and had the dreaded code 29. My horn was bad and throwing off the isolation resistance value. The cure was to replace the horn and update the firmware. From what I was told the factory setting was too close and when using Regen the logic would lock up and I could not even charge the unit. With new firmware and horn the unit works as expected. Using the new CCDT I can keep an eye on the isolation resistance value.
Where can we get this CCDT dongle?
yan.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:20 PM   #8
mtollin
Gone Wild

Had intermittent shut downs and was a head light shorting out. Until the head light finally bit the dust they couldn't figure it out. Once headlight went out cart ran perfect even before replaced. Crazy. Dealer said shut downs due to AC motor and controller, not bms protecting battery. Makes no sense to me.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car