lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
Shiver_03
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Club Car project

Just got my first cart which is a project cart. It is a 36v but I want to strip it down to frame and replace all the wiring. My plans will be doing a lift with tires/ wheels, spartan body with new seats up front and rear, and I am looking at the navitas ac conversion kit for the motor and control pack. Like I said this is my first cart so there will be some learning for me. Could anyone point me in the right direction as far as new or upgraded wiring harness and where I could purchase them?
Shiver_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club Car project

Doing the same thing as you. Found the controller setup, motor, solenoid package that I wanted and they had a wiring harness for it, so they exist. Here's a couple pics for motivation (maybe!). I've added a rear seat setup since the last pic but don't have an image to attach for that.

Welcome to the page!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1986 Club Car DS 1.jpg (159.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1986 Club Car DS 2.jpg (190.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC Frame Paint 2.jpg (141.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Progress.jpg (145.7 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:14 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

While you're at it, you may want to consider upgrading to a 48v system. As far as recommendations to companies, you can't go wrong with any of the site sponsors. However, I would highly recommend Dave at: http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/. He is a CC guru and you will not find better customer service. He'll be able to answer any questions you have for upgrades and give you advice for your application.

Good luck, have fun, hope to see updates on your build!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
Shiver_03
Not Yet Wild

I have been doing research for a couple of weeks and the navitas conversion is the plan as well as 48v. Still looking at other option especially in lithium. Can’t seem to find much j formation on a new harness though, but I have heard great things about revolution golf carts so I will be contacting them to find out more info. Going to try and start stripping it down next weeks and then start ordering parts.
Shiver_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #5
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
While you're at it, you may want to consider upgrading to a 48v system. As far as recommendations to companies, you can't go wrong with any of the site sponsors. However, I would highly recommend Dave at: http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/. He is a CC guru and you will not find better customer service. He'll be able to answer any questions you have for upgrades and give you advice for your application.

Good luck, have fun, hope to see updates on your build!
I second calling Dave, the support after the sale is invaluable!!
barlowchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car