lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
mhunt
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car 670 swap questions

I have a 2005 Club car carryall. I am in the planning stages of swapping the engine.

I'm trying to decide if I should go with the 420 predator or the 670 predator.

I have the clockwise engine. Can I use a PTO style adapter on the flywheel which, in effect, would make it a clockwise engine? Would this work for both the 420 and the 670?

My concern with this would be if the engines flywheel side bearings and support castings would be up for the increased stress.

Also, if I go with the 670, the loud engine would be a major turn off. What options do I have to quiet the vtwin down to closer to stock levels?

Thanks,

Matt
Harlem GA
mhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car 670 swap questions

Check out the section “clone motor swaps” under big block talk. Vegas carts makes kits for both the 390/420/440/460 swap and the predator 670. They have 2 kits for the 670 a standard 1 and then 1 that spins the motor 180 and mounts the clutch on the pto/flywheel side for the correct rotation like you mentioned. Check them out www.vegascarts.com I’m not sure if they’ve finished/released the kit with the pto adapter yet maybe give them a call
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

https://vegascarts.com/products/pred...kwise-rotation
Old 09-20-2020, 08:50 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

After seeing this a while back I wondered if the same idea would work on the single cylinder clone. The bearings on both sides of the crank are the same and the bearing bosses on both the side cover and block look very much alike.And then tool up some adapter to mate a primary clutch to the flywheel. Kind of makes you wonder why it hasn't been done ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #5
mhunt
Not Yet Wild

FYI, I emailed with Vegas Carts, he said that the kit that makes clockwise 670 will soon be available. He also said that they "tested the crap" out of the set up and it held up. That's what I like to hear
mhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
After seeing this a while back I wondered if the same idea would work on the single cylinder clone. The bearings on both sides of the crank are the same and the bearing bosses on both the side cover and block look very much alike.And then tool up some adapter to mate a primary clutch to the flywheel. Kind of makes you wonder why it hasn't been done ?
My main concern would be the woodruff key holding up once a clutch is bolted to the flywheel. It’s really going to try to spin that with that load of the cart... you can lap the hell out of the flywheel and shaft and hope that the compression from the nut will hold it but I’m pretty sure if you go crazy tightening the flywheel to the tapered shaft you will crack the crappy cast flywheel.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car