lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #21
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfra0801 View Post
Thought I would chime in and provide some pictures of my much awaited battery pack from Extreme Team. My cart is a 2015 RXV and I ordered the 150ah pack with 20amp sealed charger. Had some delays due to Covid/customs/etc, but Blake from extreme team was super responsive and kept me updated. I ended up getting a Navitas 600a controller so I could make adjustments easier but hopefully get get my curtis350a modified by the Guru himself at some point. Don’t have much more info just yet as it’s been too cold in upstate NY and won’t stop snowing!
I'm a little jealous, as my 12V connections are a puny little connector. I'm trying to figure out if I should run a 14awg to a terminal block, or just try to put my 2 12V positive wires into the connector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0747[1].jpg (125.9 KB, 0 views)
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2021, 10:27 AM   #22
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for this chart. Have you looked at the BigBattery.com? They have a couple different models for golf carts. https://bigbattery.com/GolfHome/
I have the 48V BDGR 66Ah on order.
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #23
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Do these lithium battery packs just drop in and hook up the positive and negative and nothing more?
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #24
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinomike View Post
Do these lithium battery packs just drop in and hook up the positive and negative and nothing more?
Yes, with most needing to also have the battery "meter" replaced with one that comes with the new battery.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:38 AM   #25
emoney
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinomike View Post

For the most part; yes. Having said that, if you have headlights, radio, etc.....anything running 12volt, you'll need to also wire that connection into the 12v "outlet" you can see on the ExtremeTeam battery above. So 4 wires instead of the two neg/pos.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM   #26
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Bumping his thread.

I just used it to find my way to a RoyPow 36v conversion. S38105 unit. We are fortunate to have a really great local dealer here that specializes in EVs and other batteries, so knowing I have local support and warranty was important. They also had everything in stock.

I opted for a DIY install. Kept the factory plug and bought the adapter for the charger.

Total price was just under $1800 for the charger, 105 pack, EZGO charge adapter, and all the hardware.

I'm getting about 40-50 miles of range at 17mph and the reduced weight really makes the cart a pleasure to drive. Absolutely worth the cost.

A friend of mine just had the 48v 56 pack installed and they are also extremely happy. They are getting about 40 miles of range with that smaller pack.

FYI, they said that a new brand that uses Lithium Ion based cells is entering hitting shelves soon and they will be geared towards the more performance oriented market. Well beyond my needs, but interesting to see this market evolve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210610_165051_01.jpg (183.2 KB, 0 views)
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:16 AM   #27
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan86 View Post
Bumping his thread.

I just used it to find my way to a RoyPow 36v conversion. S38105 unit. We are fortunate to have a really great local dealer here that specializes in EVs and other batteries, so knowing I have local support and warranty was important. They also had everything in stock.

I opted for a DIY install. Kept the factory plug and bought the adapter for the charger.

Total price was just under $1800 for the charger, 105 pack, EZGO charge adapter, and all the hardware.

I'm getting about 40-50 miles of range at 17mph and the reduced weight really makes the cart a pleasure to drive. Absolutely worth the cost.

A friend of mine just had the 48v 56 pack installed and they are also extremely happy. They are getting about 40 miles of range with that smaller pack.

FYI, they said that a new brand that uses Lithium Ion based cells is entering hitting shelves soon and they will be geared towards the more performance oriented market. Well beyond my needs, but interesting to see this market evolve.
Congrats!
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:37 AM   #28
SouthernFlyed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Great info! Just getting ready to do a lithium drop in on a 36v 1997 TXT DCS --- new solenoid,B2 motor, Navitas 600 Controller, 2ga wires (except the drop in comes with 4ga that I may upgrade to 2ga, 4" lift and 20" tires.

Hope to get your numbers as this will be a Sporting Clays cart and granddaughter neighborhood limo, so speed is pretty low on my list.

2 questions:

1. What controller are you using?

2. If the upgrades I'm doing, it seems that adding an additional 12v battery to the drop in less than 18 months (approved by the company providing the 36v drop in would be just that, drop in hook it up, adjust controller setting, buy 48v charger and go for a ride. Your thoughts on why you stayed with the 36v?

THANKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan86 View Post
Bumping his thread.

SouthernFlyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:25 PM   #29
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

And don't forget about the Eco Battery kits. They are available (out of stock for now) in 36 and 48 volt 72 and 144 Ah kits.

They are exceptionally easy to install as the 72 Ah kit will fit in the same space as the center 2 batteries on the cart and leave room for charger, reducer, controller and solenoid.

Eco Battery is now a sponsor.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:08 AM   #30
kf4yag
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have been looking at the bigbattery.com stuff. Anyone using them? I have been looking for a comparison to be able to actually compare 48 lead acid bank to the Kv the lithiums area rated at. Basically what is the expected output in Kv from the current 48v lead acid.....

01 Club Car DS 48v
kf4yag is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car