lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2021, 10:19 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ok...last call, any great deals? heh

Russ....the place I would highly recomend for wheels and tires would be

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/

they even have a wheel/tire combo available in the exact wheel you want and tire size!!

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/1...se-your-color/
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyTX View Post
Thanks, that chart is awesome. So, I think I want to shoot for somewhere between 18-20.5" tires. Not sure what a 19" tire size is.. lol...but if I need to settle on a 20". I am fine with that... not a huge deal. It's converting them to tire sizes that I never seem to get.

Either way, I think I am "in the ballpark" so appreciate all the guidance.

I think a 205/30-14 would do the trick!

Russ
A 205/30-14 will be 2" taller than a 205/30-12 or 18.8", which is roughly a 19"tall tire.

FWIW: Tires with the size labeled inches are approximate at best and the measured height can vary by an inch or more in either direction. The metric sizing tends to be closer to reality.

The first number is the tire width in MM and the second is the sidewall height to width ratio expressed as a percent. To get the tire height in inches, multiply the tire width in MM by the % and multiply by 2 (Sidewalls are above and below the rim), the n convert the resulting number of MM into inches and add that number and add to the rim diameter, which is already in inches.

205 x 30% = 61.5
61.5 x 2 = 123
123MM = 4.8425"
4.8" + 14" = 18.8" tire height.

-----------
A 235/30-14 tire is 19.55" tall and is closer to the 20" max.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:55 AM   #13
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
A 205/30-14 will be 2" taller than a 205/30-12 or 18.8", which is roughly a 19"tall tire.

FWIW: Tires with the size labeled inches are approximate at best and the measured height can vary by an inch or more in either direction. The metric sizing tends to be closer to reality.

The first number is the tire width in MM and the second is the sidewall height to width ratio expressed as a percent. To get the tire height in inches, multiply the tire width in MM by the % and multiply by 2 (Sidewalls are above and below the rim), the n convert the resulting number of MM into inches and add that number and add to the rim diameter, which is already in inches.

205 x 30% = 61.5
61.5 x 2 = 123
123MM = 4.8425"
4.8" + 14" = 18.8" tire height.

-----------
A 235/30-14 tire is 19.55" tall and is closer to the 20" max.
Works for me, Thanks again J

These look pretty darn cool :P

https://www.performancepluscarts.com...BoC-gEQAvD_BwE
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

These are the same wheel from the same place with 215/40-12 tires which are a little taller in total with a little taller sidewall giving you a little better ride and a little more top speed all else being equal. Still no lift required.

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/1...ombo-set-of-4/
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:17 PM   #15
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
These are the same wheel from the same place with 215/40-12 tires which are a little taller in total with a little taller sidewall giving you a little better ride and a little more top speed all else being equal. Still no lift required.

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/1...ombo-set-of-4/
Sweet! Bookmarked for future purchase, thanks:)
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO