lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #11
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Cart cutting off

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeefcake View Post
Thanks. The cart is a 2014 precedent. The battery spec is in the original post. It is a 48V system. I did the OBC bypass and removed the OBC. I'm using the new 20A charger that came with the pack. The pack is one of those generic Chinese brand. Other users on here have similar packs as well but I don't see other posting similar issues. I ran this pack for the past 8 months with no issues.
Just out of curiosity, have you contacted the seller? distributor? manufacturer? for any diagnostic / warranty information?
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #12
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm unable to check the individual cells as the pack in sealed in a metal box. I did contact the seller and they are trying to figure out the issues as well. They believe it might be the BMS. However, I tried to drive the cart last night, it wasn't cutting out on me when I was doing the full throttle runs. It did cut out on me when I tried to ease in the throttle and this is very intermittent so I'm not 100% sure of it is the BMS.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:03 AM   #13
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

My bet is, in order, battery pack/cell within pack, BMS or controller. The others have already mentioned the first two and have asked appropriate questions to diagnose those issues. What controller do you have?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #14
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is the stock controller. Curtis 250amp. whenever it does cut out, I do feel a jerk in the cart when pressing the pedal down, which sounds like the MCOR issue. I'm just not sure at this point, because full throttle runs are fine. Only when I ease the pedal or let it out and press it again the cart will cut out now. Before it was the opposite. Also, I learned that MCOR is the most failed part on the cart.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #15
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
It is the stock controller. Curtis 250amp. whenever it does cut out, I do feel a jerk in the cart when pressing the pedal down, which sounds like the MCOR issue. I'm just not sure at this point, because full throttle runs are fine. Only when I ease the pedal or let it out and press it again the cart will cut out now. Before it was the opposite. Also, I learned that MCOR is the most failed part on the cart.
The MCOR should not directly cause battery voltage to drop out completely though. It's possible that if it is malfunctioning it is interacting with the BMS / controller to cause such, but it seems unlikely to me. You can change one out in 20 minutes or so, but not sure it's the most likely culprit. It'd be the easiest / cheapest though.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:25 PM   #16
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have one on order and should be here tomorrow so I will post an update if it will fix the issues. I drove around the neighborhood yesterday with bunch of full throttle runs and no issues. However, when I ease the pedal it will cut out.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:18 PM   #17
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
I have one on order and should be here tomorrow so I will post an update if it will fix the issues. I drove around the neighborhood yesterday with bunch of full throttle runs and no issues. However, when I ease the pedal it will cut out.
It is cutting out when you ease off on the throttle?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #18
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Cutting out when you ease the throttle could also be a bad cell or BMS issue. Remember, easing off the throttle causes regen breaking. It could be that one cell is going high during regen or the BMS “THINKS” it’s going high. So, same issue as cutting out in full throttle, cell or BMS problem.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #19
going4speed
Not Yet Wild

This sounds like a throttle position sensor issue to me
going4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:29 AM   #20
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

It’s a BMS shutdown issue, hence having to disconnect the pack to reset the BMS before it will go again. It’s either a faulty cell within the pack or a faulty BMS. Any other fault with the cart, including the throttle position sensor would not cause the BMS to shut down.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car