lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2021, 08:22 AM   #21
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Cart cutting off

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeefcake View Post
Need some help. I did the lithium pack conversion last spring and everything ran fine until now. In the last couple of days the cart cuts off at full throttle with no power to anything. There is a jerk then dies. Based on my search here, most people are saying it is the BMS. When I purchase the battery this is the spec I requested from the dealer 48v club car precedent. 110a continuously discharge, 250a pulse discharge for 30 seconds and 600a max discharge. It is a 150AH pack. It is doing it no matter the charge level. The only thing I did to the cart before this started to happen was rotating the tires. I also saw some posts pointing to the MCOR. would a faulty MCOR trigger the battery to shutdown?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeefcake View Post
It is the stock controller. Curtis 250amp. whenever it does cut out, I do feel a jerk in the cart when pressing the pedal down, which sounds like the MCOR issue. I'm just not sure at this point, because full throttle runs are fine. Only when I ease the pedal or let it out and press it again the cart will cut out now. Before it was the opposite. Also, I learned that MCOR is the most failed part on the cart.
There are more knowledgeable folks on here than me and I am commenting to learn as well as offer my thoughts. Seems to me that the combination of the battery pack and the controller would be causing the issue. Although I don't know what the peak amps would be on the curtis controller.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #22
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, looks like it is either a bad cell or BMS. I have been in contact with the seller and they are going to get back with me by the end of the week.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #23
fstop
Gone Wild

Good luck with it - please keep us posted on what you find.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:13 PM   #24
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, please keep us posted.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #25
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm still not 100% convinced that it is the battery. My father-in-laws cart is having similar issues but his cart has lead acid battery. When you press the throttle in reverse, the buzzer shuts off and the cart doesn't move. same thing in forward as the cart doesn't move until you press the gas multiple time then it will cut off. I haven't had much time to look into the issues. What other items that cut possibility short out the battery? Since his cart is lead acid, he was able to recover without having to unplug the pack. The seller is sending a new pack but it won't get here for like a month.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #26
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Subscribing.... curious & hoping the best for oldbeefcake
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:47 AM   #27
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help and support. I just don't want to be disappointed when I plug in the new pack and it does the same thing. Although the seller is sending me a new pack, but they don't believe the issue is with the BMS or a bad cell.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:05 AM   #28
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I noticed something strange last night about the cart. I jacked up the rear end and had it on jack stands. When I press the gas I notice the passenger rear wheel will stop immediately after I let out the throttle but the driver sides will spin freely and slows downs. Is this normal? Shouldn't both wheels will spin then slow down by itself?

Also, when I spin the rea passenger wheel by hand the motor makes a buzzing sound. This is with the keys in the off position. Is this normal as well?

Could it be that motor is bad that is drawing too much current from the battery pack that is shutting it off?
Old 02-25-2021, 10:45 AM   #29
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Only one wheel should be spinning.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:04 AM   #30
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Can someone else please confirm if one wheel should spent or both when the cart is on jack stands? Also, about the motor making a buzzing sound when manually spinning the rear wheel by hand?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car