lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #11
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Going lithium with the NAVITAS 440 ac kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I'd go with a third battery in parallel if I were you--over 90AH seems to what multiple sources suggested to me, although I think there are commercial carts running ~60 AH so you may be ok (not sure if that's with AC motor or not?)
So I’ve been on another thread here today and I was really considering the 72v 100ah set up from China but looking at the dimensions it will not fit in my cart. I’m going to just go with what I have and consider what you mentioned and just add a third. I’m just really hoping this will work out with the navitas 440 ac kit. I don’t want any issues with under powering due to my heavy foot and hilly terrain.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2021, 10:51 PM   #12
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

So I been talking with big battery and they told me today it might be another month possibly for the batteries that I ordered to be shipped out. So I went ahead and got a refund, I also think those battieres wouldn’t of been suitable for my likings anyway.

So, I’ve been in contact the last few days with HERUI for a custom battery and Lilly the sales manager is very helpful in choosing the right battery for your needs. We’ve put together a few options and I’m most likely going to purchase a 72v tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think, also let me know if I should change something i still have time to do so. Only down fall is she said it’ll take 30-40 days to get, understandable. She quoted me $1810 with a 72v charger shipped to my front door..not bad!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4B939A85-A4E2-4158-B6AF-76A3BEBD531D.jpg (82.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 4662873E-D348-4D92-81F7-FB1D710C6F23.jpeg (243.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-25-2021, 12:46 AM   #13
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I think in theory that should work. With 72v your current draw will be proportionately less than it was at 48. To be sure you’d have to find someone with real world experience with their own 72v setup to verify the discharge current didn’t exceed those limits. I would check with Navitas though to make sure the controller can handle the max voltage of 87.6v, that’s pretty high. The good news is you’re going to get a range and speed boost by going with the higher voltage.

2010 RXV, Danaher controller, 14s Leaf lithium conversion, CleanPowerAuto miniBMS and EV display, Quick Charge 25A charger, 3” lift, 23” tires. UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Upgrade in progress.
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:53 AM   #14
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I don't know about that continuous and max discharge of 76A? Are these batteries meant for a scooter?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:05 AM   #15
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccainc View Post
I think in theory that should work. With 72v your current draw will be proportionately less than it was at 48. To be sure you’d have to find someone with real world experience with their own 72v setup to verify the discharge current didn’t exceed those limits. I would check with Navitas though to make sure the controller can handle the max voltage of 87.6v, that’s pretty high. The good news is you’re going to get a range and speed boost by going with the higher voltage.

2010 RXV, Danaher controller, 14s Leaf lithium conversion, CleanPowerAuto miniBMS and EV display, Quick Charge 25A charger, 3” lift, 23” tires. UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Upgrade in progress.
Yeah I spoke to Todd at navitas he flat out told me to steer clear of non branded batteries. So now I’ve been really second guessing this purchase. Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
I don't know about that continuous and max discharge of 76A? Are these batteries meant for a scooter?
Yeah I don’t know it was being custom built. I don’t think I’m going to go this route.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #16
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXeD-OuT-CLUB View Post
Yeah I spoke to Todd at navitas he flat out told me to steer clear of non branded batteries. So now I’ve been really second guessing this purchase. Hahaha.

Yeah I don’t know it was being custom built. I don’t think I’m going to go this route.
I'd go 100ah (or more) but if you don't have large tires / hills / stretch cart etc... then the specs on the one you posted will likely be OK in actual use. At 72v you will not have the same current draw you would at 48 (and you can customize allowable draw in the controller app), but that said, I think a 100ah cell would be better suited for this use.

All the LifePo4 cells are coming from China as far as I know, and it's hard to know who is using what, but I would go out on a limb and say that the BMS is probably the most likely failure point for all of these at some point. Fortunately, they aren't very expensive and should be fairly easy to replace, esp. if you have one that is identical to the one that you are replacing (same wire harness to individual cells etc...) That's my take anyway.

Keep us posted on which way you go, and good luck!
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #17
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
I'd go 100ah (or more) but if you don't have large tires / hills / stretch cart etc... then the specs on the one you posted will likely be OK in actual use. At 72v you will not have the same current draw you would at 48 (and you can customize allowable draw in the controller app), but that said, I think a 100ah cell would be better suited for this use.

All the LifePo4 cells are coming from China as far as I know, and it's hard to know who is using what, but I would go out on a limb and say that the BMS is probably the most likely failure point for all of these at some point. Fortunately, they aren't very expensive and should be fairly easy to replace, esp. if you have one that is identical to the one that you are replacing (same wire harness to individual cells etc...) That's my take anyway.

Keep us posted on which way you go, and good luck!

Thanks fstop will do. 👍🏻
Old 02-25-2021, 05:35 PM   #18
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

So it’s a official I went with the extreme team 48v 100ah lithium. The dealer app and also my cart model being the prototype for the actual size of the battery really convinced me. It will sit perfectly right in the middle of the frame rails. I can’t wait to get this installed and rolling down the street. It’s been 2 long months since I’ve drove this thing, well it might be another 3 weeks till I really get to drive it. But now, I’m for sure relieved knowing I got a solid product. Thanks all for the info and help.

https://www.extremeteamcarts.com/pro...ealed-charger/

I’ll for sure keep the thread updated with info once installed. 🤙🏻
Old 03-31-2021, 07:58 PM   #19
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

So I got my ETC 48v 100ah battery all installed and all buttoned up. When I whet to turn it on and test everything to make sure it worked properly, the headlights tested first I turned them on for a second then blew something under the dash then had a slight burnt electrical smell. Break lights don’t work, blinkers kind of work they just stay on the mirrors, it’s solid light on my mirrors and I can hear the relay clicking under the dash, but they don’t blink, my wind shield whipper runs like if its on full speed on a car window when usually it runs very slow.

Like I mentions these are all factory accessories that are not working properly. All the wires going to the old FLA batteries I put to the buss bars, so they are wired the same as my old setup. I unhooked the red positive wire for now that was hooked to the buss bar, I tried putting that wire I took off from the buss bar to the 12v dc side of the lithium and none of the accessories worked. I will say my additional 12v setup that runs my Bluetooth radio and my led night lights they all work perfectly! It’s something to do with the factory reducer it’s not liking the lithium battery.

On a great side note, I did test drive this bad boy and let me tell you this cart freakin fast, this thing hauls the mail! It easily does 32+ It’s crazy how fast it gets up to the max Speed. I’ll get more a accurate reading and pictures etc once I figure out my accessory problem.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:19 PM   #20
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXeD-OuT-CLUB View Post
So I got my ETC 48v 100ah battery all installed and all buttoned up. When I whet to turn it on and test everything to make sure it worked properly, the headlights tested first I turned them on for a second then blew something under the dash then had a slight burnt electrical smell. Break lights don’t work, blinkers kind of work they just stay on the mirrors, it’s solid light on my mirrors and I can hear the relay clicking under the dash, but they don’t blink, my wind shield whipper runs like if its on full speed on a car window when usually it runs very slow.

Like I mentions these are all factory accessories that are not working properly. All the wires going to the old FLA batteries I put to the buss bars, so they are wired the same as my old setup. I unhooked the red positive wire for now that was hooked to the buss bar, I tried putting that wire I took off from the buss bar to the 12v dc side of the lithium and none of the accessories worked. I will say my additional 12v setup that runs my Bluetooth radio and my led night lights they all work perfectly! It’s something to do with the factory reducer it’s not liking the lithium battery.

On a great side note, I did test drive this bad boy and let me tell you this cart freakin fast, this thing hauls the mail! It easily does 32+ It’s crazy how fast it gets up to the max Speed. I’ll get more a accurate reading and pictures etc once I figure out my accessory problem.
Sounds like your 12V DC to DC converter somehow got bypassed and you're running the full 50V to accessories? I removed all of the old 12V circuit and wired the new LED lights and accessories to the Extreme Team 12V power and it worked great.
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car