lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #11
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Installing Sound Bar on 2021 Club Car Onward Li-In HP - Troubles...

Hands down lithium is better...google gel vs lithium
Bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2021, 10:38 AM   #12
flipture
Not Yet Wild

So I purchased a battery and charger and am now having second thoughts and am considering adding a voltage reducer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction around what specs I would need for the voltage reducer (assuming 48v to 12v)? The sound bar is 300W and has a 20A fuse in line. Also any suggestions on what brands of voltage reducers are the best?

Seems like I should be able to use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KYO0FXNI&psc=1

but there is also this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ERXRZT6A&psc=1
which is much cheaper.
flipture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would go with your first choice. You don't want to skimp on quality here and you want a trigger wire to turn the reducer off when the ignition is off. IMO a reducer is a far better choice than an aux battery unless you need way more than 30 amps at 12V. (like for a winch)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:26 PM   #14
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bought mine from Dave at Revolution. Not saying the Amazon one is bad but Dave's is priced similar and you'll get his service.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:47 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I know you have already bought the sound bar, but with so many great Bluetooth options and the ability to stream from your phone, why not go that route and not have to worry about cart battery health or adding? I know that you won't get the volume like a sound bar but that route just seems so much simpler for tunes (that is the route I went; maybe I am just getting old though )
I have a few different sizes of Klipsch Bluetooth speakers. The smallest one, klipsch “gig” puts out more than enough sound, has its own battery that lasts for a good 6 hours if I’m cranking it, and charges off a USB port (low current) if I need a charge. I love that little thing, had it for years.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:30 PM   #16
jmdonward
Not Yet Wild

You want to run a voltage reducer. It's the best option. Given the size of the sound bar you purchased this is the reducer you want to use. I have the same size sound bar and this works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's best to hook it to a fuse panel so you don't run the risk of damaging your cart with any shorts. This is what I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jmdonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:45 PM   #17
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonward View Post
You want to run a voltage reducer. It's the best option. Given the size of the sound bar you purchased this is the reducer you want to use. I have the same size sound bar and this works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's best to hook it to a fuse panel so you don't run the risk of damaging your cart with any shorts. This is what I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The soundbar has an inline fuse. Is that not enough to protect the cart?

Also, where did you mount it and source the power from? Directly on the battery or behind the electronics panel?
Old 05-19-2021, 06:52 AM   #18
flipture
Not Yet Wild

I got under the cart today to figure out how the electronics panel (not sure what the proper name for the metal plate behind the batteries that houses the motor controller and solenoids) and found the pre installed voltage reducer. Also found what looks like a good spot behind the electronics panel to place and hook up the new voltage reducer (assuming I still need it).

Here are some pics...

Here is the voltage reducer, looks like it does 25A which may be enough?

Here is where I could for the new reducer. Above the solenoid that you see pictures there is an open space.

And I could use a couple of eyelets to connect the power and ground to the high voltage side of the reducer here where power comes into the motor controller.

Anyone know the best place to grab the ignition signal from under here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210519_113124166.jpg (202.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210519_113227023.jpg (124.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210519_113156996.jpg (169.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #19
flipture
Not Yet Wild

I’ve looked a little further and I’ve actually found a 65.9V wire pair behind the key/accessory panel. Also I’ve found that the blue wire with white stripe is ignition. I could potentially mount the converter under the cart in the front somewhere and then wire it up to these wires behind the panel. The wire gauge looks heavy enough to supply enough current safely.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:11 AM   #20
flipture
Not Yet Wild

It looks like the voltage reducer needs a switched 48v line to power it on/off but the switched line (blue/white) that I found is switched to ground. Anyone know where the best place to grab a switched 48v line would be?

Tags
12v, club car, li-in, onward, sound bar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car