lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2021, 10:25 PM   #1
TKB4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Which Club Car DS to keep

I have 2000.5 Club car DS electric carts, one is a 36 volt resistor cart and one is a 48v non resistor cart. Both have Nissan Leaf battery packs I made installed.Both have stock motors and neither has a rear seat or add on.I use ta golf cart mainly for hunting to be stealthy and the roads are very muddy and there are pretty steep hills for 100 yds or maybe a little more at the time. I have been using the 36V cart hunting because it has 6 inch lift and 22 inch off road tires that are not aggressive . It just wont go where I need it to. I recently bought some very aggressive tires for the rear Kendra Executioner 538 s that have over 1 inch deep tractor tread in 25x10x12 . These tires are awesome. They do everything I need them to do.

I want to keep one cart and sell the other. I realize I may eventually burn a motor out and if or when I do I will replace with high torque motor and appropriate controller. This cart will spin tires easily with full power reverse and I have no trouble scaling the steep hill with 2 riders which is the most I will have on it.

I have used the resistor cart for many trips and it is doing very well no stalling etc.

I just put a 6 inch double a arm lift on the 48v cart. It would be easiest to sell the 36 volt cart with the old non-aggressive tires and wheels. I wonder if the 48 volt electronic controller will handle these tires as well as the 36v resistor cart does even with a higher horsepower stock motor. I would rather not have to buy a new motor and controller right now if avoidable. I guess my question is do you think the 48v cart will do at least as well as the 36v cart with everything equal except about a 32lb heavier 14 cell battery pack?

I dont really care about speed or ride comfort and I will probably put a 25x8-9x12 non aggressive tire on front just for some flotation. I actually bought the same tire in 26x12x12 size for the rear of my old polaris sportsman 400 and tried it on the club car first it did ok too but I think that is just too much to expect.. It will fit with no spacers and barely rubs the inside plastic well liners but that was stopped by just some zip ties pulling the plastic away slightly then I put them back on the 4 wheeler ( they both use the same wheel pattern)

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
TKB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2021, 04:31 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Which Club Car DS to keep

Hands down I’d keep the 48v cart. It has much more option for upgrades in the future for controller and high torque motor. The 36v resistor cart sorta is what it is, and not much room to do anything with it in the future without converting it to a 48v solid state system.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:43 PM   #3
TKB4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Which Club Car DS to keep

Thanks for reply that is definitely what I was leaning towards.
TKB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car