lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default post lithium - charging port wire question

Hey folks,
I have 2003 Club Car DS - 48 volt cart. It was purchased from my neighbor last year.
This cart used to have Trojan batteries; they were over 5-years old and range on them was under 5-miles.

So, last month, replaced the lead-acid Trojan batteries with Lithium from bigbattery.com; this 48v kit: (48v-bdgr-kit-of-2)

Everything appears to be working, but have one question. I have the old round charging port, which at the moment is not being used.
There is a black wire coming off of it that appears to be going to an on-board-computer. At the moment (post lithium conversion) that wire / charging port is not being used.

Goal is to remove that old charging port and replace it with Anderson SB50 connector (which will go to the bus bars to charge new batteries).

Any guidance will greatly help! If I can provide any more info, please ask?

Thank you!
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: post lithium - charging port wire question

BTW: I wanted to post youtube video, but it appears I cannot post links just yet.
On youtube, there is video "Golf Cart Club Car DS Charger Receptacle Installation Video" by "10L0L"
If you pause at 0:18, it shows the black wire on back of charging port that is going into the grey wire-harness that goes back to on-board-computer.
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car