lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
dogpile
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G16 Radio / Stereo install, TEMP not sure if I like

Breugel ask me to post this after seeing a pic that showed my radio in the background.

I havnt posted this in the past because I dont really like the look and only did this because I was taking the cart for its first trip and wanted a radio. Also I have an extra dash so cutting this one wasnt a big deal to me.

I used a Dremel to cut away the "golf ball holder" area. The radio slides in and is tight. It doesnt need any bolts to secure it because it wedges up onto the raised firewall area inside the dash. This is not at all water proof but when washing the cart I just slide the radio out.

In the future I will probably buy an aftermarket dash and mount the radio in the drivers side bin area in a weather proof enclosure.

But anyway here is the pics of a 15 minute radio install that Im not proud of!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1141.JPG (119.2 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1142.JPG (147.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1143.JPG (130.8 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1145.JPG (125.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1146.JPG (126.2 KB, 148 views)
dogpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Radio / Stereo install, TEMP not sure if I like

Don't beat yourself up over the install. It looks like you did a decent job there. I can't find any location on my G14 that is clean, appealing, and easy to reach. I think I will end up doing something with diamond plate and the opening to the left of the steering column.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I've been thinking of mounting one under the seat backs, figure you can't see it well on the dash anyway why not look down to run it...be able to use the volume easily on the run. Then I found this deal that is a usb/sd/EQ cheap, but can buy a cheap HU that also does it for not much more. The radio sucks where I run mine it would not be of any use. Figure I would get some 4" coax for the dash area, then make a maybe 10" sub in the bagwell. Not sure where to put the amp, if I really had to I have some old boosters that would fit behind the cupholder and not be worth stealing even.

This one has an amp in it, there is a cheaper one with no FM. They might be junk too hard to say. Another place has one with no amp just RCA out and it has an EQ...millionbuy.com but they are out last I looked.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Amplifier-Stereo...item255a73d2a3
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just be careful last time I ordered anything off ebay from hong kong I got ripped on my credit card.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Now I found some cheap decks for near the same price, like pyles. I would just get one with USB and play that. You can get the marine doors to put on them, there used to be under dash kits have not looked for one in a long time though. Where will I put my amplifier is the question, lol, I do have some old beater amps I can use. I had figured on a sub box in the bagwell and put the amp in that somehow. The dump box covers it. Otherwise it would have to go in front. Do still have some power boosters from long ago, now that might be the ticket it does not have to go that loud.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
will1546
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

When you are listening to am is there static? If no how did you eliminate it?
Thanks
will1546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
whitecaps
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=sho305;409365]Now I found some cheap decks for near the same price, like pyles. I would just get one with USB and play that. You can get the marine doors to put on them, there used to be under dash kits have not looked for one in a long time though. Where will I put my amplifier is the question, lol, I do have some old beater amps I can use. I had figured on a sub box in the bagwell and put the amp in that somehow. The dump box covers it. Otherwise it would have to go in front. Do still have some power boosters from long ago, now that might be the ticket it does not have to go that loud.[/

When you instal a radio in a yamaha gas cart do you guys buy a seperate battery to wire the radio to and then wire it to a switch so the battery doesnt drain or do you just wire it direct to the battery on the cart
whitecaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, stereo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha