lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
bodiex1
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 ST350, not firing

Have a 98 St350 workhorse, it will not fire. I put my spark tester on it, and it fires just a little when the pedal is pressed, then quits, it also fires a little when you let up on the pedal, when the solenoid disengages. Has a new igniter on it, and all the grounds are good, will not fire on either cylinder. Any help would be great. I am about out of options.
bodiex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 ST350, not firing

Was it running fine prior to this and just quit or have you replaced the engine?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
bodiex1
Not Yet Wild

was running fine
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
MCFooter
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiex1 View Post
Have a 98 St350 workhorse, it will not fire. I put my spark tester on it, and it fires just a little when the pedal is pressed, then quits, it also fires a little when you let up on the pedal, when the solenoid disengages. Has a new igniter on it, and all the grounds are good, will not fire on either cylinder. Any help would be great. I am about out of options.
I have had weak spark issues with mine a couple times and it has been a loose battery connection both times. The connections were good enough to crank but not spark. I suggest cleaning and ckecking them again.... YMMV
MCFooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
bodiex1
Not Yet Wild

Finally got a hold of a manual for this thing, the ignition coil checks out on both coils, and the pulsar is also in range. When I turn the engine over, I get no voltage at all coming from the pulsar, it seems like there ought to be some kind of voltage pulsing from that coil, but I don't know. Anyway, I'll keep on trying. I clean and checked all the battery and ground connections, and even replaced the terminal ends on the battery. I am stumped.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
bodiex1
Not Yet Wild

Installed a new pulsar coil, still no fire. Has to be a wiring problem.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
bodiex1
Not Yet Wild

If it helps any, when I got the cart, the blue wire that connects to the green wire coming off the accelarator microswitch was connected to the main ground that comes off the accessory wirng harness in the dash, and it had a 36 volt solenoid on it.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Could you find an igniter to swap out and check. From what you've checked it sounds like the only other option. That part isnt cheap so if you could find a loaner it would help. I would definitely take the diagram from the tech forum and bactrack my wires to check for loose or bad conn. or a wire cut or worn into from something. Also mak sure your pulsar is picking up the signal from the flywheel. Good Luck!!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
bodiex1
Not Yet Wild

I have a brand new igniter on it. I talked to a tech at ezgo, and they said they think it has a bad pulsar coil, even though I put a new one it. I don't know.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

The pulsar coil has an ohm value that can be found in the tech section. I don't think you will get a voltage reading here cuz all its seeing is a signal from the crank. It's got a magnet in it. Is the pulsar picking up the signal ( might be gapped to far )? Your coil, igniter, pulsar and all the associated wiring are your main components here. Grounds get looked over but are in my mind the most overlooked. Second, i've had bad parts out of the box. Test the pulsar by the ohm values. Use an ohm meter to check function as the flywheel notch passes the pulsar. Also, find that wiring diagram and check conn. to be in the appropriate place. Good Luck!

Tags
ezgo gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO