lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring The Cart To Stay Running

Hmmmm. I'm with BigRed, the only advantage I see is that if you constantly stopped and started, made short journeys and had a crappy battery you could end up with a dead battery. I like the engine to shut down and so does the EPA
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #12
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I can't thinkd of any advantage. The only part I like about it is the power spring in the clutch. The higher rpm engagement gives you a little more umph on the take off. A little more torque. I've got a 295 head on a 350 with oversized carb. jet, ported and polished intake, headers, k@n and a shorter belt with the power spring. At this point I'm just pickin up bits of torque and HP here and there. My txt will really haul a## though. You'd be amazed at what this cart is doin with the combo. of some stock parts.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #13
slowgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

With doing this will the cart still engine brake going down a hill? Would this also help in offroading where the engine keeps stopping and starting when your in tight places?
slowgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #14
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ditto.. if anything it would save battery in start/stop areas.. and can you do this to any cart??2 stroke or 4...
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
98 EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just like ez go go said, you do gain a little torque with this application. I have installed it on my 98 and it works pretty good when your in ditches or waterways and need that torque at slow speeds. I don't know if its right, but I was told when you put that new spring to adjust the idle to just under the drive clutch engagement.
98 EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
FireGuy 74
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did this to mine and the real advantage is this time of year. I can start it and let the motor warm up before plowing snow or just riding around, I don't need to sit on the cart with my foot on the pedal for 5 minutes. Any other time of year it's just novelty, I guess.

Also, you need to increase the idle so the generator is producing power to the battery, instead of the starter drawing from the battery. That's where the spring comes in to play, the stock spring would allow the cart to move when you adjusted the idle higher.

It's pretty simple really.
FireGuy 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #17
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGuy 74 View Post
I did this to mine and the real advantage is this time of year. I can start it and let the motor warm up before plowing snow or just riding around, I don't need to sit on the cart with my foot on the pedal for 5 minutes. Any other time of year it's just novelty, I guess.

Also, you need to increase the idle so the generator is producing power to the battery, instead of the starter drawing from the battery. That's where the spring comes in to play, the stock spring would allow the cart to move when you adjusted the idle higher.

It's pretty simple really.
That's why I am considering doing this; for when it's cold outside. Can this be done with the 28 degree clutch? Does anyone know where to get the correct spring? The ones in the links earlier don't have the tabs up and down on the spring ends like mine do? Or is the stock spring sufficient for this mod? Thanks for your time.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #18
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Check the site sponsors and give them a call... It is a common mod. and someone will know what you are talkin about. Give them a ring and see what you come up with..
Good Luck
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #19
berthasquare
Getting Wild
Yamaha

How about adjusting the carb screw to a position that is equivalent to half-pressing the the pedal? And by-pass the microswitch. Also, engage the clutch in neutral. Then turn on the key. See? I have done it without buying anything!
berthasquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #20
FireGuy 74
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I have a 28 degree clutch, but you still need the stiffer spring for the drive clutch. Turning up the idle with the stock spring will engage the drive clutch and there goes your cart. If I remember right, there aren't tabs on the new spring like the stock one.

It is an easy and cheap enough modification just to buy the new spring and do it right the first time.
FireGuy 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO