lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
coolhuh
Not Yet Wild

Default How to Stretch a G22

I have been searching for information on how to stretch a G22 into a 6 passenger cart and have had no luck.

Does anyone have details or a link for stretching a Yamaha gas cart?

Thanks
coolhuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: How to Stretch a G22

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhuh View Post
I have been searching for information on how to stretch a G22 into a 6 passenger cart and have had no luck.

Does anyone have details or a link for stretching a Yamaha gas cart?

Thanks
I tried a search in members rides, but didn't really find anything. I'm thought for shure Groundpounder was in there. So, heres what we do... Take off the side rail trim and side protector covers, grind/air chisle the driverside and passangerside floor steel floor pans. Disconect the wire harness to the stop switch/ignition and oil lite and get it out of the way. Unbolt the f/r shifter assy. Unbolt the brake cable equalizer. Now comes the fun part, cut the steel side rails/small steel floor board reinforcing and the main frame tubes (all at the same location and at a location where you will have same size tubeing for new tubeing to slide over for welding) with a sawsall. You will need to know the "OD" of the main frame tubes and some 1 x 1 for the floor board reinforcement. Once you determine the "stretch" length (I want to say 2 feet (I can check on this) you just clean the metal, slide the new tubing over the main frame tubes and after many "squareing mesurements" weld it up. The 1 x 1 will now be welded to strengthen the new sheetmetal (we measure and get it cut for use) floorboard. You can also order the "brake bent" metal to cover the side rails. Now you will need to lengthen the wire harness. You'll need longer f/r shifter cable's/choke and accelerator cable #1 (can be ordered from Yamaha for a "consier cart"). You will need to make an extenstion of the brake equalizer rod (from pedal to equalizer). Then some type of seat frame work, a mid body cover, a seat bottom and seat backs. Really is not as bad as it sounds, it's rather easy if you can cut and weld, but the costs do add up. Hope this helped alittle. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
TriPower
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Please add pics!!!!
TriPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My G-20 factory Limo cart has a W/B center of hub to center of hub of 96 inches. Just find the W/B of reg. cart and you will have it, I was thinking 30 inches just not sure.
I have a lot of pic's on my build thread check them out.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

We stretched this one 30 inches,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...ms-old-g1.html
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ess that is one sweet cart.. I'm stretching my G1 Starting next week, have to do some moving around in the man cave first.. How did you come up with 30"s to have the leg room in back as the front I come up with about 42"
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Thanks Todd.
The front seat pod is open in the back so you dont really need too much. We measured a Club Car limo at a local resort and compared it to one of the neighbors DS's and the difference was about 28-1/2 inches on wheel base (hub to hub) We thought 30 inches was a little better.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I checked the Yamaha site and the Limo or 2 seats forward Wheel base is 98.1 and the reg.cart for 2 people or 1 seat forward Wheelbase is 64.6. The difference being 33.5 inches. This is from center of hub to center of hub. Hope this helps some.

LURCH!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

What did u buy / build for the center seat pod... I think I have everything else figured out thanks..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Dolfi View Post
What did u buy / build for the center seat pod... I think I have everything else figured out thanks..
My buddy made it out of steel in his shop. I dont remember what guage it was though?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha