lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas or Electric

Quote:
the 1997 and newer CC gas carts have the clock wise engine rotation and these engines seem very expensive to upgrade if there is even an engine to upgrade too. Going from the 290 to a 350 isnt cheap for a couple more HP and is it worht it? There arent too many choices honestly on engines unless you buy a pre 96 CC cart then you can stick just about any small engine in it and be happy with the forward & reverse gear ratio setup.
Sounds like when looking at the used cart, I should hope it's older and not newer. At least it sounds like somewhere down the line when changes need to be made, older is better. Speaking as someone that has been around a few years, it's nice to see, on occasion, older can be better.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Honestly you will be happy with a 97 newer CC gas, they have enough power and speed in stock form & you can by pass the gov for a lil more top speed. I have a 99 and its good enough bone stock in the beginning but im a gear head so i get bored pretty quick.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
reinman88
Gone Wild

I've felt I'd probably be happy with the power and speed that came with a stock cart. If I need quicker I can use my 4 wheeler.

I figured the only change I may need to make, is bigger tires designed for off road. Of course there would be that camo paint job and odds and ends to personalize the cart for me.

When it comes to rims for larger off road tires, do they have to come from a cart supplier? I've noticed some, if not all, are the 4 hole pattern. Will the 4 hole pattern rims you may find in a farm store or auto parts store work on a cart? While these may not be fancy chrome, if I'm using it for hunting and farm work, chrome won't stay clean very long.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #14
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
When it comes to rims for larger off road tires, do they have to come from a cart supplier? I've noticed some, if not all, are the 4 hole pattern. Will the 4 hole pattern rims you may find in a farm store or auto parts store work on a cart? While these may not be fancy chrome, if I'm using it for hunting and farm work, chrome won't stay clean very long.
As long as they are 4 holes 4 inches apart and the offset will work on your cart. Info here: http://www.itptires.com/wheelsizing.html
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
reinman88
Gone Wild

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #16
DanoHB
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got Gas?
DanoHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #17
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Got Gas?
Found one yesterday, a 1991 CC, and today found out there is another I'll need to see. Haven't talked to that guy yet to see what he has, probably will tonight.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
bit
Not Yet Wild

I have both gas and electric both are cc and the electric is a 48 volt hands down i love the gas over the electric,just my 2 cents

Bit
bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car