lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
CLOCKS OFF RACING
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Exclamation Please help!

Hello everyone! Thank you for your help in advance!! we're the new guys in town..haha.

We have a 1990 Club Car, 36 volt...worked just fine, but would not hold a charge for very long...batteries were old and corroded, so we replaced them. 6 brand new fully charged batteries. We had to get rid of a lot of dried battery acid and in doing so, the hubby thought he may have wet something he shouldn't have because the car wouldn't go after reconnecting all the wires. It would click, but no power. We took pictures before we removed the wires, just incase, and I've also compared the wires to the wiring diagram and all is connected properly. We replaced the solenoid after reading about jumping it assuming that was our problem.

Before we replaced it, the wheels would not spin when jumping...now that we've replaced it with a new one, the wheels spin when its jumped and NO click...we are extremely confused as we don't know much about them. he ran a wire connecting each post on the solenoid (I know!) and the car moves forward and in reverse when pressing the pedal. Did we get a faulty solenoid? Could it be something else? Please help!! My son is going to be starting his Jr. Dragster racing this saturday and the golf cart is a necessity with the littler ones in tow.

Again, Thanks.
CLOCKS OFF RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Please help!

Never jumper the small posts on the solenoid these are the activation circuit = one positive and one negative makes the solenoid click and that connects the two big terminals. Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

quite possible yuou got a bad soleniod it wouldn,t be the 1st time....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well .... he might now
I have never tried shorting out the activation circuit to see what would happen? Hopefully his problem is the activation circuit and it did not energize when he had the jumper on the small terminals
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
CLOCKS OFF RACING
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Well .... he might now
I have never tried shorting out the activation circuit to see what would happen? Hopefully his problem is the activation circuit and it did not energize when he had the jumper on the small terminals
Now thATS FUNNY.. I PUT THEM ON THE BIG ONES
CLOCKS OFF RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Duplicate thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-club-car.html
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car