lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
bloogle12
Not Yet Wild

Default loose wire

I have a 1986 gas ezgo that i just got. I had to rebuild the motor on it. Got it all put back together and noticed i have a loose wire and i am not sure were it goes. Its a green wire that looks like its coming from the regulater and its hanging loose by the starter. Does any one have any idea where it goes or any pics.
bloogle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: loose wire

Green wire goes to starter DF.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
bloogle12
Not Yet Wild

Hey thank you for your reply. I am not real familiar with these starter though and i am not sure what you mean by the DF. I was looking at the starter and there ia 4 red cables. Two on the end which someone has marked with a marker one has a L and the other has a R. Then there is two on the side that are stamped and one says F1 and the other says F2.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
reinman88
Gone Wild

Not sure if this will help you since it's not the same year. But scroll to the bottom for a 89 wiring diagram. It shows a green wire going to the starter. Hope this helps.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

VictorJohn is correct, the little DF terminal is underneath on the starter/generator. It may be easier to remove the unit to see where the wire goes. Remember that when you reconnect it you should use a thin wrench under the wire to ensure that the stud does not turn which will rip the wire off the inside of the generator and make you cry tears of bitter rage.

The green wire controls the battery charging rate, with it disconnected you will not be charging your battery, if it grounds out the charging voltage will rise to 18 volts and boil your battery dry. It would be good to hook it back up.
Dave

Last edited by Dave Box; 03-21-2011 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: sp
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
bloogle12
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: loose wire

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I got it hooked back up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO