lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: I need your full honest G2/9 opinion :)

G2 is usually '90 or older iirc, the engine has a little more compression (190lb?) but the entire cart is very similar only detail changes. It might have the old voltage regulator on it you can adjust, our G9 have a solid state one. G2 also have a rev limit in the ignitor G9 does not, you can convert them but ignitors are not cheap.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #22
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

hey Sho,
How do you go about converting the igniter on a g2 to a g9 igniter. thanks
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Some info here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-g8-g14-2.html

Looks like you need the ignitor and the newer voltage reg. I know you can use the G2 harness but have to swap a wire or two on the plug, that info is here someplace.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:02 AM   #24
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Fast up date on the G2 (Code name Donkey). Bad day so I had to weld something. 24" Titan tires and no I'm NO where near done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0069.jpg (479.8 KB, 7 views)
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

24s look really nice on there, sometimes I wish I had gone larger than 22s. I can pump mine up to 15psi and they measure over 23 tall lol, and can barely fit a finger between the rear tire and the rocker or bumper mount. All ready had to cut the rocker back for 22s. If I had time I would move the rear swingarm back and down and move the bumper mount back. On the other hand the 22x11s have great floatation on sand. I'd also widen the front about 4" and use spacers in the rear, and put the needed flares on it. I have to be careful now it will coat me in mud.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #26
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My front end is 3" wider per side and I'll run spacers on the rear. I need to trim a few things here and there and today I"m finishing modding the steering which is just cutting the steering arms in 1/2 bolt them up and weld a sleeve over it. Then on to the rear end. As for you fitting taller tires. Instead of trimming that much just lift it more. lol. I had a choice to either lower the lift so the front tire angle would be right or lower the shock mounts. I lowered the shock mounts.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha