lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #31
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just got another Yamaha

The air box probably was not sealing like you suggested, I cleaned the filter and the inside of the box reassemblied it and tied it down the best I could with no latching mechanics. The Torque cable mount is broken from the front cross tube of the swingarm, I will reweld it tomorrow and see if that is letting the engine slide back so far.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #32
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I think this is the problem. Both clutches seem to work fine, I will grease the shaft on the driven and check the weights on the drive like you said. Can I remove the Air Box completely and install a small filter like a K&N bike filter and it still run as supposed to? You seem to have a big interest in how well the airbox seals and this one is iffy at best.Well I had a nice picture from the parts catalog but it says it is the wrong format to post here, the picture showed the front drivers side engine mount, the same one the engine tensioner cable is attached to, it is broken from the frame.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #33
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

More pics for Dave. Belt is-1339 0205-265
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010326.JPG (169.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1010327.JPG (165.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #34
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
More pics for Dave. Belt is-1339 0205-265
The "1339" belt is the correct aftermarket belt. Just seems the ramp shoes are very close to the ends of the sliding sheave contact points, like something is wrong with the preload. As you've said in the past, wish I was closer to help get it dialed in.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #35
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Well after reading alot about this cart I looked at the throttle cable because I read that with a gov delete you need to adjust the cable, so I did, I shortened it as much as the threads would let me and this thing came alive, it runs great, starts great, goes faster than I expected, and pulls the yard trailer just fine. Now to figure out what the awful noise is coming from the rear axle under deceleration????
Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #36
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Glad to hear you got it running good and are happy with the power Hate to say, but under deceleration...sounds internal of the diff
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha