lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
adthomps
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 Factory Clutch Settings

I am helping a friend rebuild his buggie into a hunting rig. We are needing to get more low end torque to be able to haul heavier loads and people around the lease. The clutch is currently set on A3 and it has more top end speed. We are wanted to know what the setting needs to be in order to get more low end torque out of the cart. Any help would be appreciated.
adthomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
yamasteve
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 Factory Clutch Settings

My g9 was on B3, and local dealer said that was a factory setting. Hope that helps.
yamasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Having no tools specifically used to install a driven clutch, how have any of you set up your clutch after disassembling. For example, I set my clutch on B3 and rotated the inner sheave clockwise(?) to preload the spring about 3-4 turns (I think, maybe less, it has been over a year). I had a friend thread the nut on after I spun the sheave.

I don't know if this is right or wrong, but my cart will pull me and another 200 lbs rider up some serious hills (no sand!). It tops out @ around 27-28 mph. That is with the 285cc and 23" tires.
bansheemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheemxer View Post
Having no tools specifically used to install a driven clutch, how have any of you set up your clutch after disassembling. For example, I set my clutch on B3 and rotated the inner sheave clockwise(?) to preload the spring about 3-4 turns (I think, maybe less, it has been over a year). I had a friend thread the nut on after I spun the sheave.

I don't know if this is right or wrong, but my cart will pull me and another 200 lbs rider up some serious hills (no sand!). It tops out @ around 27-28 mph. That is with the 285cc and 23" tires.
Sounds like you have it set-up right!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
samsmith87
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheemxer View Post

Is the 285cc motor stock in a G9, or is that a g14/16 motor?
samsmith87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am not sure if the g9 has the 285cc motor but mine is a g2 model. They might have upped the cc's a bit, but I have no idea.
bansheemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

A stock G9 is 285 cc.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
adthomps
Not Yet Wild

has anyone tried any other settings besides B3?? I am trying to get more low end power out of the rig.
adthomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

You should get the power spring. A couple of the sponsors sell them. It'll give you the low end your looking for.
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha