lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Take_em
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G9 throttle

Hey guys. I have an G9 that I'm not sure how to fix. I can't seem to get the throttle slow enough to putt around ( say 5 mph ). Do I need to adjust the stop/start switch? It has a new throttle cable and I bypassed the governor but it did the same thing before the bypass and the new cable. The throttle cable seems to be adjusted right according to what I have read. Thanks for any help.
Take_em is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 throttle

You may need to adjust the cable on the gas pedal. Sounds to me like it's keepig the carb open.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Take_em
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'll try it. It just seems like when the pedal gets toward the top (slowing down) the motor dies instead of getting close to idle. I'll mess with the cable some more.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

The stop switch needs to be adjusted it is disengaging sooner than it should which causes no or jumpy low speeds. It needs to be set where as soon as you put a toe on the pedal the switch clicks.
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Take_em
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it needed adjustment but I was not sure exactly where it needed to be. I'll adjust the switch and check the cable again this evening. Thanks again
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

If you think about it. It makes perfect sense. I had the same problem with mine. If I tried to go slow it would buck on me because the switch was cutting out to soon. Its been a while since I have done the adjustment but from what I remember it was pretty straight forward.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

When you adjust the cable, test it with the pedal and watch the carb. throttle. Make sure the throttle on the carb. is completely opening and completely closing when you press and depress the pedal.

note: be sure the key is out of the ignition so it won't start up on you

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

Good call Sprid didn't think about that
Do you recall exactly how to fine tune that switch as well. Like I said I've done way too much to the cart since I did the adjustments.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The switch should get hit right after the pedal moves. Then set the cable so it starts and runs before the throttle moves at the carb. I recommend you set the carb at this place to idle really slow just faster than the gen starts it at, but its not in the manual. Set the idle mix so it idles slow and set it a hair on the rich side. This makes it start a lot faster in my experience. Then when warm or even summer and not run, you can hit the pedal and it will start and idle barely, if I lube my clutch it will not move. Then more pedal and it opens carb and off you go. It should still be able to open carb all the way for full throttle, then again after about 2/3 open at carb it does not make much difference anyway except at top speed with no governor...and then not much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

Thanks Sho
Couldn't remeber who told me how to do it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha